Would you be ok with picking Surtain?

Hadenough

Reaction score
I dont like the idea of taking a CB in the top 10 unless he is a shut down CB that has low 4.3 speed. Claiborne 2.0 is what we be getting

SixFiveCowboy

Reaction score
I dont like the idea of taking a CB in the top 10 unless he is a shut down CB that has low 4.3 speed. Claiborne 2.0 is what we be getting

Unfair comparison Surtain is light years better than Mo ever thought about being from IQ, Size, technique and pedigree alone. I do get why you feel that way though with Surtain coming from a football factory like Bama. But trust me this kid is the real deal the problem for us is we have so many holes on each level he will be placed under an unreal microscope if he is selected 10

32BellyOption

Reaction score
It seems that since Surtain has been the constant pick according to all the Draft prognosticators, I wonder if many fans are getting disenchanted with the pick because it has become boring. As far as I can tell, Surtain is the consensus top CB in the draft so I wouldn't have a problem at all with the pick.
I think it will be between him and one of the O-Tackles should they be available.

Boring only because it’s been talked about so much but not boring in the respect he’s the closest thing to a sure thing in this draft as anyone. I’d be ecstatic if he’s the pick.

lk8701

Reaction score
No. It feels like an arranged marriage. It reminds me of the Bobby Carpenter selection.

Last edited:

CWR

Reaction score
I'd love to get him. In fact we need him, especially if Diggs gets suspended. Besides that he's the best CB in the draft.

Now if one of the tackles falls I don't think we can pass, but I would certainly not he disappointed in taking Surtain.

lk8701

Reaction score
How about trading down for Caleb Farley. Then trading up back into the late 1st round for Greg Newsome II or Trevon Moehrig?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I've been doing an Indian rain dance while yelling "Surtain, Surtain, Surtain." He's who I want.

Yesterday, it rained. Now I hope the draft part of it works.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Look i dont believe the first 2 rounds can be messed up unless every single top6 players we are targeting are gone..

we have choice between

Parsons
Surtain
Horn
Moehrig
Barmore
Farley
and few others maybe a DE like phillips or pay

really if we come away with two on the list in the first two rounds, how can that be faulure..it fits needs and those are some of the best defenders in the draft..

the tough choice will be if Surtain and Parsons are sitting there at 10 , who do we pick? thats a tough one

mardwin

Reaction score
I think Horn might be a better man to man cover corner (like Byron Smith) but Surtian looks like he plays the ball better.

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I'm good with Surtain, but my first choice would be Horn. I like his upside. I like his measurables. And I like his aggressiveness.