Would you be ok with picking Surtain?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
No. I say use whatever draft capital you have to use to go after Sewell. He's most likely not going to fall to the 10 pick so we are going to have to trade up to get him.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
It seems that since Surtain has been the constant pick according to all the Draft prognosticators, I wonder if many fans are getting disenchanted with the pick because it has become boring. As far as I can tell, Surtain is the consensus top CB in the draft so I wouldn't have a problem at all with the pick.
I think it will be between him and one of the O-Tackles should they be available.

Nah man, I would be very happy with the pick.

visionary

Reaction score
1. Sewell
2. Pitts
3. Trade down
4. Trade down
5. Trade down

28. Surtain

ghst187

Reaction score
Def okay with Surtain at 10. Scared he may not even last that long.
Even more okay with it if Sewell and Pitts are gone, which they should be.
Top player at a need position, think he’ll be a good pro for a long time.
I think the CB talent drop off after top 3 is steeper than talent drop off at other need positions like DT, LB, OL. But we do still need those too.

ICP

Reaction score
If he's available at 10 but there's a chance to trade down a few spots and be assured of still getting him of course do it. Otherwise take him at 10

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Unlikely the Giants would take either (Horn or Surtain) because they just signed two corners to big contracts. They’re much more likely to go WR, edge or O line IMO.

I need to start brushing up on the Eagles but they could use help all over so who knows. I could see them going WR or CB or O line.
IMO, they are older corners so to me that wouldn't stop them. Especially on how they've built that defense. Dolphins signed 2 of the highest paid corners and still went out and drafted a corner in the 1st round.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Would it be asking too much to, somehow, get both Sewell and Surtain?
So, you say it would? H-m-m, I must be entitled, or something . . .:grin:

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Our problem was defending against the run. A Corner won't help that much. So i don't think he will make much of an impact regardless on how good he is. We will once again be destroyed by the run and next year we will finally come to realize we need a run stopping 1 tech. The FO of this team can never get a clue.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It seems that since Surtain has been the constant pick according to all the Draft prognosticators, I wonder if many fans are getting disenchanted with the pick because it has become boring. As far as I can tell, Surtain is the consensus top CB in the draft so I wouldn't have a problem at all with the pick.
I think it will be between him and one of the O-Tackles should they be available.
I would be good with the pick, but I would be slightly upset that I spent a few hours watching the first 9 picks waiting for Dallas to take Surtain,, I could have done something on the wifes list, probably a few of the chores I have been putting off.
This roster needs a Surtain, should be a good player.
Actually I might reevaluate my wekend draft viewing vs chores schedule.. day one is looking more like lawn mowing day,, check in for beer break and and check in on draft.
Day two is chicken wings and a few cocktails,, thinking day two is a celebration day for some strange reason.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

you win by having a dominant OL.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I will make a prediction that they like Horn better than Surtain but i feel Surtain is a safer pick .

Yep, I suppose Jones will prefer Horn as he's more likely to get a highlight reel. However, he's also the more likely to blow his coverage or oversell himself in the 5yrd bump zone.

The choice (if indeed we have one) should be who we have playing FS (assuming we are going to play a lot of Cover1).

If we have a FS with stellar range then Horn's definitely in play. If our FS is more limited in range then Surtain locking down and Safety ballhawing with Diggs vrs WR2 is a way to go.

An alternative option may be to take the Safety first (Moehrig) and fit the CB later.

When looking at Defense it's not necessarily the BPA, it's about working as a unit.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Boring but solid pick. At some point, we have to have upgrade CB. We've been coasting in a division with bad Qbs and bad WRs.

aria

Reaction score
IMO, they are older corners so to me that wouldn't stop them. Especially on how they've built that defense. Dolphins signed 2 of the highest paid corners and still went out and drafted a corner in the 1st round.
Could be but their GM is on the burning hot seat so I think he would go for more of a now impact player, not draft a guy to sit on the bench. I’m sure he wants to validate his Jones and Barkley picks, and with as bad their O line has been, an O lineman could help both of them as well as another WR.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
100% would be thrilled to have him on the team. With major FA loss at CB we are very thin and bringing in a CB of his caliber who can play man and cover 3 zone is big. Having former teammate working in the secondary along side him not a bad deal either.