Would you bring in J. Manziel and give him a chance?

Would you sign Johnny Manziel and give him a "comeback SZN"?

• Total voters

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
uhhh, no..........he's only attempting to straighten up now because he's broke.

We could get the ole clan back together for a reunion and invite Johnny Cocaine to that.....Ro Mac, Quincy, two strike Gregory before he departs.
We could even bring back Greg Hardy for old times sake, lol.

vlad

Reaction score
Yes, because I believe this team needs to get its crap together and quit being reactionary to media and fan chatter. At least prove they can insulate team activities from couch potatoes like myself ;)

joseephuss

Reaction score
He was rushed in because Cleveland had no one at QB and had one of the worst if not the worst supporting casts of anyone in the league. Hard to evaluate him on that trainwreck.

He wasn't rushed in Cleveland. Hoyer played the majority of game in 2014 and McCown played the majority in 2015. And both those guys played better than Manziel.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Eh, no one would do that haha. Him offering to play for $0 is enough for me. His interviews in which he now sounds like someone who has his stuff together and is serious about being a success is enough for me. His talent was never the issue...

I've always thought talent was the issue. And I wasn't alone.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
We need to bring someone in so Cooper doesn’t have to be the back up next season.

Buzzbait

Reaction score

No mon, no fun! Your son.
Too bad, so sad, Your Dad.

Noooooo thank you. We don't need that 2 legged circus any more now than we did before.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
tenor.gif

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

We could get the ole clan back together for a reunion and invite Johnny Cocaine to that.....Ro Mac, Quincy, two strike Gregory before he departs.

He will never be broke his family is very very wealthy

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
No.
Why waste resources on a player that is so unlikely to have any significant impact? Resources include not just roster space but coaching & training staff time. Better to use those resources on a player that doesn't have the baggage & risk that Johnny brings.
So suppose Jerry signs him & decrees a roster spot for him. How long before Johnny starts pouting over lack of playing time, especially if Dak's performance is less than we hope for? Do you think this entitled guy is going to sit still for it?
Don't we always have enough distractions going into training camp that we need this monstrosity of one? No thanks.

rynochop

Reaction score
Wow..it's always threads like this that remind me why message board gms arent gms in real life. Did anyone actually watch him play??

Big_D

Reaction score
Wow..it's always threads like this that remind me why message board gms arent gms in real life. Did anyone actually watch him play??

Cause the real life GM has been outstanding!

Rayman70

Reaction score
Only way we roll the dice on him is if Dak goes down at some point. We would need another arm in that case. Manziel needs to learn how to just be one of the guys and blend in. Like a wall flower.His problem is he has always craved the limelight and in not so good timing.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If the man can learn how to be humble and be one of the guys..and let his practice and work habits speak for themselves..then he could actually make a difference still. I can see a team like the Patriots reigning him in and molding the guy into something good. Must be a good fit. I'm afraid bringing him to Dallas would only finish off the kids career for good because it would be filled with distractions...him being a Texas guy.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I can see it both ways. The problem is that snagging a franchise QB in Round 4 is a very rare thing. If there's any chance you can make it stick I'd hesitate to do anything to screw up his morale. Even the top QB prospects are expected to take a year or two to grow into the position. You'd expect to put a lot more effort into cultivating a 4th rounder, even if it means over-protecting him a bit.

I have a feeling Dak's rookie season gave the FO the impression that they didn't need to develop him. They did the same thing with Romo - just left him to develop on his own and built the team around him. I've always wondered how Romo would have developed if he were truly developed by quality QB coaches.
Romo was like the oldest child raising his siblings because the parents are dysfunctional!

Hadenough

Reaction score
At first I didnt like the idea of bringing in Manziel. But why wouldnt you continue your QB search regardless of if its Manziel or not, so I am all for it!
Dak has proven he can play in this league but hasnt proven he is franchise material yet. Im telling you people even though Dak says and does all the right things and he isnt a bad QB Daks arm strength is a BIG problem and Manziel at least has a better arm!

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is why people make fun of the Dallas Cowboys Fan base.

Even after he has proven to be a complete idiot who has proved he takes his partying more serious than his football. Even after he has said he changed only to do the same thing again and again. You still have a decent section of the Cowboys fandom that wants him...and a good number of those would be wanting him to be named starter 5 minutes after he was signed.

SMH