Would you call Oakland and offer Dak Prescott for Derek Carr

USArmyVet

Reaction score
....offer a Dak Prescott for Derek Carr and their #19 pick in the 1st round of the NFL draft?

Dallas gets a quality QB in Carr who is coming off one of his best statistical seasons and has an affordable contract:

2020 $21.5M cap hit
2021 $22.125M cap hit
2022 $19.877M cap hit

With the extra $10M+ cap savings by trading Dak away, Dallas could use that money to retain WR Cooper.

In the draft, Dallas could select the following in the first 4 rounds (5 picks):

#17 CB CJ Henderson
#19 S Grant Delpit
#51 DT Justin Madubuike
#82 TE Harrison Bryant
#123 DE Alton Robinson

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
....offer a Dak Prescott for Derek Carr and their #19 pick in the 1st round of the NFL draft?

Dallas gets a quality QB in Carr who is coming off one of his best statistical seasons and has an affordable contract:

2020 $21.5M cap hit
2021 $22.125M cap hit
2022 $19.877M cap hit

With the extra $10M+ cap savings by trading Dak away, Dallas could use that money to retain WR Cooper.

In the draft, Dallas could select the following in the first 4 rounds (5 picks):

#17 CB CJ Henderson
#19 S Grant Delpit
#51 DT Justin Madubuike
#82 TE Harrison Bryant
#123 DE Alton Robinson

For the reasons you stated, why in the world would Oakland/Las Vegas do that?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Carr has led the Raiders to the playoffs once in his 6 year career and his W/L record is 39-55....NO THANKS!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What might get some action is if they could add a signed Jones to the trade, they want him and they need him in the AFC West. Might get some crazy MLB trade thing going.

BTW, can we offer the Jones family for the Davis clan. He's got a funky do and that would be a hoot for a while. We could get a least a dozen threads going on his haircut. We can start with he's a Moe wannabe.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Why would the Raiders trade for a QB who had a lower passer rating last year than the one they’ve already got?

garyo1954

Reaction score
John Gruden would laugh so hard your phone would melt. He gets rid of problems. That's why Dallas has Amari. That's why Antonio Brown is not in the NFL future.

The second problem is you have to sign him to trade. If you intend to trade him you have to know what the other team could afford and would be willing to take over.

glimmerman

Reaction score

2020 $21.5M cap hit
2021 $22.125M cap hit
2022 $19.877M cap hit

#17 CB CJ Henderson
#19 S Grant Delpit
#51 DT Justin Madubuike
#82 TE Harrison Bryant
#123 DE Alton Robinson
Not sure. I like Dak and think he is gonna be worth the money once this system is in place. We are going to eventually pay a franchise QB franchise money. . Now if you don’t believe Dak is the guy then sure. Then sign Cooper and sign or tag Jones. Draft a DT first. There is also a TE in the draft named Wilcox and we can get him in later rounds and owns a lot of the college records for TE.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well, I'd try to call Oakland about a different deal, but I'd hear a voicemail saying that the number is invalid as they are now in Las Vegas.

Kaiser

Reaction score
It's like the 5th iteration of the exact same idea. There was just a 10-page thread on the same exact subject 2 weeks ago.

I missed that thread, what do Jason Garrett and Zeke's Cabo Hotel bellhop think about the idea?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
John Gruden would laugh so hard your phone would melt. He gets rid of problems. That's why Dallas has Amari. That's why Antonio Brown is not in the NFL future.

The second problem is you have to sign him to trade. If you intend to trade him you have to know what the other team could afford and would be willing to take over.
How do you bundle Amari and Antonio Brown into the same category?

Amari is soft spoken, speaks respectfully of his QB and team, and was willing to play out his contract without complaining.

Brown is a loudmouth that trashes his QB and team, has an ego as big as Nate Newton's *** was before he lost weight, and has had issues related to sexual misconduct and domestic violence.

That seems pretty different.

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

2020 $21.5M cap hit
2021 $22.125M cap hit
2022 $19.877M cap hit

#17 CB CJ Henderson
#19 S Grant Delpit
#51 DT Justin Madubuike
#82 TE Harrison Bryant
#123 DE Alton Robinson
My brother..

you need to close your iPad and back away slowly from the screen.

You are getting delerious.

If you trade Dak, really what is the point of keeping Cooper?

Cooper got out of Oakland partly becuz of Carr.

And you are suggesting we get Oakland's #19 and we have our #17?

I will not nitpick your draft picks as I would take any of them but...

all of them?

Is anybody else drafting against us in this draft or have they all gone to the bathroom when we draft?

BTW..when you roll next time..roll one for me, huh?

:thumbup: