Twitter: Would you call the Bears about Nick Foles or Andy Dalton?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Are you OK with Cooper Rush if we lose Dak for a few games? Not saying it will happen, but you never know. Look, we're on track for what could be a special season. We know Stephen and Jerry have never been accused of being pro-active. I would hate to see the trade deadline pass ( Nov 2 ) and Dak goes down for a few games and we are stuck with Cooper Rush. I'm guessing a 7th or 6th round pick is all it would take to upgrade the position with Dalton or Foles.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Nick Foles or Andy Dalton for a 6th round pick would be no-brainer

There may be some others, but I'd hate to lose Dak for a couple of critical games with Cooper our only option. Who would have thought we'd be 5-1 just before the trade deadline. If we can find a better backup for a 6th or 7th rounder, it makes sense to me.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Here's an excellent article of each team's backup QB(s)

Every NFL Team's Backup Quarterback for the 2021 Season
By Eric Mullin • Published October 15, 2021 • Updated on October 20, 2021 at 11:05 am
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...ckup-quarterback-for-the-2021-season/2832103/

Who is each NFL team’s backup quarterback?
There are five signal callers who have made at least one start after entering the 2021 season as a backup: Washington’s Taylor Heinicke, Houston’s Davis Mills, Miami’s Jacoby Brissett, Chicago’s Justin Fields, San Francisco’s Trey Lance and Seattle's Smith. Cleveland Browns quarterback Case Keenum will join that list on Thursday Night Football of Week 7 when he starts in place of the injured Baker Mayfield.

Here’s an updated look at all of the quarterback rooms across the NFL (* = backup currently filling in for injured starter):

Arizona Cardinals
Starter: Kyler Murray

Backups: Colt McCoy, Chris Streveler

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Here's what's on the streets..........

• Rivers has admitted staying in shape but would only come back in the right situation.........translate, non-playoff teams or bottom feeders don't bother calling.
  • Cam recently said no question he wanna continue playing .........persona may bring more distraction than we need
  • RG3 .... a few years ago I would have said hell no but I'd take him over Cooper

https://nfltraderumors.co/2021-nfl-free-agent-list/

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Are you OK with Cooper Rush if we lose Dak for a few games? Not saying it will happen, but you never know. Look, we're on track for what could be a special season. We know Stephen and Jerry have never been accused of being pro-active. I would hate to see the trade deadline pass ( Nov 2 ) and Dak goes down for a few games and we are stuck with Cooper Rush. I'm guessing a 7th or 6th round pick is all it would take to upgrade the position with Dalton or Foles.

Well we can’t keep Cooper Rush, so yes

Jipper

Reaction score
Here's what's on the streets..........

• Rivers has admitted staying in shape but would only come back in the right situation.........translate, non-playoff teams or bottom feeders don't bother calling.
  • Cam recently said no question he wanna continue playing .........persona may bring more distraction than we need
  • RG3 .... a few years ago I would have said hell no but I'd take him over Cooper

https://nfltraderumors.co/2021-nfl-free-agent-list/

I'd take rivers in a heartbeat.....Cam would be a hard no....

If foles could be had for a 7th I'd do it...

We need to do something...what if dak wins the divisional game and has the calf strain on the last play and can't go in yhe nfc championship....you good with rush? I'm not

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

We need to do something...what if dak wins the divisional game and has the calf strain on the last play and can't go in yhe nfc championship....you good with rush? I'm not
I don’t like the way Cam throws the football. . It’s Too hard to see if your receiver. There’s no touch no arc everything’s a bullet.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some people are calling for the benching of Patrick Mahomes. He would make a great back up. LMAO. Yup Mr.,a Hail Mary. Media lover boy is blowing up. I’ve been saying it all along he is either good or horrible .

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Exactly my point ........but for some odd reason, Jerry and Stephen have a habit wait for things like this to happen before attacking it proactively.

8FOR!3

Reaction score

That’s weird why would he not want to go back to the one place he’s had success

Cowboyny

Reaction score

Definitely in favor of adding a quality, veteran backup.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Definitely in favor of adding a quality, veteran backup.

I mean imagine losing Dak for 2-3 games AFTER the trade deadline during a critical run for the division and/or home-field advantage. Three options.......stick with Cooper, sign someone off another team's PS, or sign someone off the streets. Proactively attacking this issue now give us better control of the quality we can add.