Twitter: Would you call the Bears about Nick Foles or Andy Dalton?

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I mean imagine losing Dak for 2-3 games AFTER the trade deadline during a critical run for the division and/or home-field advantage. Three options.......stick with Cooper, sign someone off another team's PS, or sign someone off the streets. Proactively attacking this issue now give us better control of the quality we can add.
I agree, now would be the time to add a quality option, rather then finding one in fa.

Jipper

Reaction score
If it were going to happen it would have already happened. We have a game on Sunday so at this point we are stuck with Cooper Rush as QB2.

Exactly....if they wanted to do it the best time would have been a week ago to give time go prepare...which makes me think dak is good to go

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Exactly....if they wanted to do it the best time would have been a week ago to give time go prepare...which makes me think dak is good to go
I've never seen a strained calf that heals in two weeks. Dak's will be the first if it happens. I'm more inclined to believe they have Cooper Rush on the roster as the QB2 for a reason.

Jipper

Reaction score
I've never seen a strained calf that heals in two weeks. Dak's will be the first if it happens. I'm more inclined to believe they have Cooper Rush on the roster as the QB2 for a reason.

Yeah man hard to say, we obviously only get the info that the public gets but makes you think it's got to still be a little sore....my question is how they will protect it with wrapping and compression during the game and how much risk there is for injuring further on normal play (not including a fluke injury or something out of the norm)

I get a have a sinking feeling that we see rush Sunday night either starting or after dak goes out....really hope I'm wrong

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

I don't question if Dak's healthy enough. Just that injuries happen all the time ( final play of the last game ). My concern is if we can upgrade the most critical position with a 6th or 7th rounder before the trade deadline ends, let's do it.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Here's an excellent article of each team's backup QB(s)

Every NFL Team's Backup Quarterback for the 2021 Season
By Eric Mullin • Published October 15, 2021 • Updated on October 20, 2021 at 11:05 am
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/...ckup-quarterback-for-the-2021-season/2832103/

Who is each NFL team’s backup quarterback?
There are five signal callers who have made at least one start after entering the 2021 season as a backup: Washington’s Taylor Heinicke, Houston’s Davis Mills, Miami’s Jacoby Brissett, Chicago’s Justin Fields, San Francisco’s Trey Lance and Seattle's Smith. Cleveland Browns quarterback Case Keenum will join that list on Thursday Night Football of Week 7 when he starts in place of the injured Baker Mayfield.

Here’s an updated look at all of the quarterback rooms across the NFL (* = backup currently filling in for injured starter):

Arizona Cardinals
Starter: Kyler Murray

Backups: Colt McCoy, Chris Streveler

Streveler looked like he could get out of the pocket move the chains in preseason vs our back ups. Nick Foles no Andy Dalton no . Not interested in giving up draft capital for end of career back ups. I’ve said it before Will McClay needs to scour the draft board see who can the Cowboys take in 2022 as a 5th or 6th round pick to play in pre season and groom as # 4’s back up next few yrs.

Jipper

Reaction score
I don't question if Dak's healthy enough. Just that injuries happen all the time ( final play of the last game ). My concern is if we can upgrade the most critical position with a 6th or 7th rounder before the trade deadline ends, let's do it.

You'll get no argument from me....

Have to wonder if the team Is seeing something in Rush in practice that we aren't privy to?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah man hard to say, we obviously only get the info that the public gets but makes you think it's got to still be a little sore....my question is how they will protect it with wrapping and compression during the game and how much risk there is for injuring further on normal play (not including a fluke injury or something out of the norm)

I get a have a sinking feeling that we see rush Sunday night either starting or after dak goes out....really hope I'm wrong
The trainers will not let Dak play if he is at risk. It's a hard decision to make but it's best for the team. I'm thinking Dak won't like what the trainers tell him. On the bright side, it's just one game and Dak will be much healthier for our game against the Broncos.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
As long as it does not impact DiNucci's development.

In all seriousness, Cooper Rush would be a disaster but this problem should have already been addressed. Andy Dalton is the only one I would bring in at this point because he already knows the offense. Any other QB will have to run a vanilla version of the offense.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

Who's this "upgrade" you are suggesting. It's not Foles or Dalton.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Are you OK with Cooper Rush if we lose Dak for a few games? Not saying it will happen, but you never know. Look, we're on track for what could be a special season. We know Stephen and Jerry have never been accused of being pro-active. I would hate to see the trade deadline pass ( Nov 2 ) and Dak goes down for a few games and we are stuck with Cooper Rush. I'm guessing a 7th or 6th round pick is all it would take to upgrade the position with Dalton or Foles.

I wonder if that tweet about Foles declining a return to Philly is actually true? From all I’ve read and know, Foles loved it there. And the city loved him too. (And they don’t like anybody!)

baltcowboy

Reaction score
First of all we don’t need a backup of quality because Dak has a minor injury. I would stay away from Dalton and Foles because they have big salaries and would cost draft capital. If Dak ends up having a long term injury you just go with Cam because at the very least we would have a top rated running attack. Cam is still the second best running quarterback in the league.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I would be glad to have Dalton or Foles for the right price like maybe a 6th-round pick. Dalton especially, I would want because he he's played in the system.

Of course, no sane person would want Dak to go down with injury, but if that did happen, I'd rather have Dalton or Foles under center than Cooper Rush. It's nothing against Rush. He's a great guy, but those guys have better experience than he does.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly my point ........but for some odd reason, Jerry and Stephen have a habit wait for things like this to happen before attacking it proactively.

Yes. The Joneses are completely reactive, not proactive. They’ve had two weeks to make a move for another quarterback and have actively chosen not to.

That says one of two things:
  1. They know that Dak is fine and the calf is no reason for concern.
  2. They’re dumb and will find out the hard way - again.

My3Sons

Reaction score
Now they are legit contenders, Philip Rivers would make sense for a couple million for the rest of the season.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now they are legit contenders, Philip Rivers would make sense for a couple million for the rest of the season.

Rivers is probably the most stable option that won’t cost a lot of money or a draft pick. By that I mean he is a currently retired veteran with no starting aspirations.

But he’s also immobile and a much different quarterback than our starter, so a lot of offensive adjustments would have to be made.