Would You Change Teams If the Chiefs Moved to Dallas?

SoBlue128

Reaction score

Mayor of Dallas rooting for Chiefs to move back to Dallas​

The Chiefs’ future is very much in doubt after Jackson County, Missouri, voters overwhelmingly rejected a sales tax extension that would have renovated Arrowhead Stadium. Before Tuesday’s vote, Chiefs president Mark Donovan had threatened the team could leave if the measure didn’t pass.

Where would they go if they did move?

Dallas mayor Eric Johnson, who repeatedly has pitched his city as a candidate for an NFL expansion team, posted an invitation to the Chiefs on social media.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...las-rooting-for-chiefs-to-move-back-to-dallas

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NO would not jump.

I seriously doubt KC leaves.
Minnesota threatened to leave for San Antonio for years, then got a new stadium.

Dallas had their chance to get the Cowboys back from Irving and blew it. They will not get an expansion team either.

The league may help fund a stadium in San Diego before that happens to get a team back there, as well, St. Louis.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Ask me again in 2031, when the Chiefs may have relocated.

But you'll get the same answer... no.

That's, by the way, coming from someone who gave up on a baseball team he'd supported for 40-ish years*. And someone who has taken a hiatus from his lifelong NBA team until that owner proves he cares enough about success that he's willing to even pay tax.

So, it's not that I'm necessarily opposed, if given impetus. But the impetus has to be pretty substantial. I don't see that happening in Big D.

* ... when that team got bought by a man whose integrity I questioned... and who, today, remains the owner of the only MLB team to have won a World Series that also succeeded in being officially rendered as guilty of cheating on their way to that trophy.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Mayor of Dallas rooting for Chiefs to move back to Dallas​

The Chiefs’ future is very much in doubt after Jackson County, Missouri, voters overwhelmingly rejected a sales tax extension that would have renovated Arrowhead Stadium. Before Tuesday’s vote, Chiefs president Mark Donovan had threatened the team could leave if the measure didn’t pass.

Where would they go if they did move?

Dallas mayor Eric Johnson, who repeatedly has pitched his city as a candidate for an NFL expansion team, posted an invitation to the Chiefs on social media.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...las-rooting-for-chiefs-to-move-back-to-dallas
NEVER!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I know as much about the Chiefs as I do our team. I’ve been a fan of Mahomes since he was a Freshman. I watch every game I can when they play. Believe me it’s more fun!
He is an amazing player that is for sure. I think a lot of that has to do with confidence and smarts, like when he talked about going on the road to win games to get to the Superbowl, he said he can't wait.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
If I can transfer my likes to a Chiefs board, yes.

Wentz to Dallas is destiny.
Hilarious!!!

giphy.gif

rambo2

Reaction score
I guess this is what happens when your team becomes a perennial loser. If the Cowboys were the same team as yesteryear this would never even be a thought but here we are.
When did the Cowboys become a loser? You can't be serious. The top team in the NFC in wins the last 3 yeas is a perennial loser. What a stupid comment.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would be shocked if the team left KC - even if the city didn't cooperate a lot of NFL fans would consider leaving a betrayal of those that supported the team.

I would also be surprised if the NFL gave the city of Dallas a team. Of course, DFW is a very large metro area, and could support 2 teams more than most metro areas, but with the name "Dallas" already in use that would seem unlikely. On top of that, Jerry is a pretty influential owner, and he undoubtedly would fight that happening