Would You Change Teams If the Chiefs Moved to Dallas?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Mayor of Dallas rooting for Chiefs to move back to Dallas​

The Chiefs’ future is very much in doubt after Jackson County, Missouri, voters overwhelmingly rejected a sales tax extension that would have renovated Arrowhead Stadium. Before Tuesday’s vote, Chiefs president Mark Donovan had threatened the team could leave if the measure didn’t pass.

Where would they go if they did move?

Dallas mayor Eric Johnson, who repeatedly has pitched his city as a candidate for an NFL expansion team, posted an invitation to the Chiefs on social media.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...las-rooting-for-chiefs-to-move-back-to-dallas
I wouldn't. I know quite a few on here who would.

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
When people jump ship, I don't know if they actually understand what they are doing.

One of my best friends, as a kid decided he was a niners fan. Everyone is free to choose a team to root for. His reason was his mom and dad were getting divorced, he hated his dad (doesn't anymore) and since his dad was an eagles phan, he chose to root for a team his dad hated. The niners were winning championships, so I get the connection.

Fast forward to today, he is excluded from watching eagles games with all our friends. He roots against the eagles so he is never invited to playoff parties. He missed out on the celebration of our first super bowl. They only time we watch football together is when the eagles play the niners, or if the niners and eagles are out of the playoffs.

If he wanted to be an eagles phan again (never gonna happen), I don't know if I could support that. Kinda sucks.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This chiefs to Dallas story is just the Hunt family trying to gain leverage to get Arrowhead remodeled. Not happening.

I‘m a Cowboys fan for life despite how poorly they have been led at the top the last 3 decades. But I would love to see another NFL team in Dallas or even San Antonio or Austin. It might force the Jones cartel to think a little harder about hiring a competent GM to lead the Cowboys. These fat cats need some competition to make em sweat a little.
Yea, I totally agree.

The Hunt family who I consider one of the most respectable NFL families , who are BTW from Dallas for all readers who aren’t aware , are using this as leverage .

While Arrowhead is one of our most iconic venues it is in need of upgrades if not a new stadium entirely . Their team facilities were recently voted by players as one of the worst in the league.

If they can’t get the local taxpayers to get on board during their most successful era they could eventually come to a crossroads which at this time is hard to imagine . But when money comes push to shove I wouldn’t rule out anything in professional sports .

St Louis is still reeling from losing the Rams . That would still maintain much of the Chiefs regional interest as well. And the city most league officials would prefer a move being made if they are willing to step up.

I doubt most owners would want to come to Dallas to compete against the most iconic brand in sports despite our lack of success this era and dysfunctional ownership.

Same reason San Antonio isn’t likely to gain a team. That’s the largest Cowboys fan base outside of DFW and North Texas. And Austin is probably too pro Longhorns to fully support a professional team. I still recall back in the 80’s when they had a choice of broadcasting the Oilers or Cowboys and chose Houston because of Earl Campbell.

But the Centex area continues to be one of the fastest growing Metros in the country . Enormous growth and wealth in area. Anything is possible but as Dallas metroplex becomes the 3rd largest market in coming years surpassing Chicago only behind NYC and LA I think it’s entirely possible we will see a second team. Which might not be called Dallas. It could be named North Texas, Ft Worth or any of the growing suburbs as it’s not likely city of Dallas taxpayers are to support a new stadium which they didn’t for the Cowboys.

I know you are aware Bob but this is for all fans here.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
NO would not jump.

I seriously doubt KC leaves.
Minnesota threatened to leave for San Antonio for years, then got a new stadium.

Dallas had their chance to get the Cowboys back from Irving and blew it. They will not get an expansion team either.

The league may help fund a stadium in San Diego before that happens to get a team back there, as well, St. Louis.
Yep

St. Louis is probably priority for the league then San Diego.

Jacksonville is a team on the ropes and been rumored to moving. They finally have found a better team and those rumors have simmered. But 3 teams in Florida might be too much.

St. Louis at least geographically would appear a good move for Chiefs. They were willing to build a new stadium for Rams but Kronke chose LA anyway for Sofi.He really crapped on St Louis for his own self interest. And the league was desperate for a team back in LA.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zXdmkRf.gif

blueblood70

Reaction score
This chiefs to Dallas story is just the Hunt family trying to gain leverage to get Arrowhead remodeled. Not happening.

I‘m a Cowboys fan for life despite how poorly they have been led at the top the last 3 decades. But I would love to see another NFL team in Dallas or even San Antonio or Austin. It might force the Jones cartel to think a little harder about hiring a competent GM to lead the Cowboys. These fat cats need some competition to make em sweat a little.
:hammer:Yep I already said that a couple pages back but in a much much longer way as I usually do... There is almost zero chance they're moving here they're just it just logistically doesn't make sense for their fans or for Dallas even though they lost that little ridiculous thing with Laura Miller or the Dallas Cowboys probably would be playing in the fair park area they would have done the same thing in fair park as they did here in Arlington... They missed out they literally said it just didn't make sense financially and that was the dumbest thing ever...

I live in Arlington and I'm part of the Chamber of Commerce and the Dallas Cowboys building where they did it helped the city of Arlington in too many ways to even list here financially is #1 but it's done a lot for the area.

I mean there's not a single strip club anywhere that used to be along the Grand Prairie /Arlington corridors , they're all gone, all the regular clubs the night clubs and all that stuff are all gone..

yes you can drink at restaurant type bars and some other small bars but most of them are just gone some of the bad housing and the bad areas as they say they basically bought that all up and tore it down and now it's all linked with all the other stuff in central Arlington with Choctaw stadium that used to be the old Ranger stadium then you have the new Ranger stadium now you have all the new hotels Laura Miller was an idiot and Dallas is not going to get a NFL team, ever..

Now if you want to talk about an area that could sustain one maybe Austin but for sure I think they San Antonio should have an NFL team, but I guarantee they won't take any hardcore Dallas cowboy fans away they may take some of the bandwagon fans away but​
The City of Dallas will not get an NFL team! put it in three-inch headlines. LOL

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If Florida can have 3 team, as well 2 in LA, 1 in SF for 3 in California. Texas can certainly hold 3 teams as well.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Florida can have 3 team, as well 2 in LA, 1 in SF for 3 in California. Texas can certainly hold 3 teams as well.
Yeah the New York City area has two teams. And the eagles in Philly are about the same distance from NYC as Dallas and Waco. The commanders are about the same distance to NYC as Dallas to San Antonio.

Dallas specifically and Texas in general could easily support another NFL team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes, but it won't be in Dallas I know this, I mean not in my lifetime, but we see a team in the city of Dallas that's not the Dallas Cowboys... Literally like I said in a couple other posts on here, San Antonio or Austin, yes...Dallas, Nope!!

especially that most of us who have common sense know the Kansas City Chiefs are not leaving they're just using this as leverage and if they did leave it'd be across the border in Kansas who are trying desperately to get them to move that makes total sense there they would lose so many fans... most teams, who are winning Super Bowls and they're at their peak of their dynasty do not up and move it literally it doesn't happen it's usually the other way around I don't remember any team that was really good that moved unless somebody wants to point it out all these other teams that move because it just wasn't working out...

Why I think it even makes less sense is because by the time this gets approved by the NFL by the time they find a location but they actually build a stadium and move into it and start marketing I believe that Patrick mahomes and Andy Reed will probably no longer be with the chiefs and they might not even be close to the same team Allah look at the New England Patriots... They are already back in rebuild mode and I believe the chiefs will be as well if and when they ever decided to move...

ColoradoCowboy

Reaction score
Wow. I've never had a post simply deleted on here before, but my response to this question WAS deleted.

Funny. It was just two words, probably my shortest post ever. The second word was something that sounds a little like "No" and the first word might have rhymed with "truck". Although my "rapid onset dyslexia" may have switched a few letters around.

As Jerry Seinfeld once said, we root for the laundry. And, at least for me, back and red will NEVER replace blue and silver.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yes, but it won't be in Dallas I know this, I mean not in my lifetime, but we see a team in the city of Dallas that's not the Dallas Cowboys... Literally like I said in a couple other posts on here, San Antonio or Austin, yes...Dallas, Nope!!

especially that most of us who have common sense know the Kansas City Chiefs are not leaving they're just using this as leverage and if they did leave it'd be across the border in Kansas who are trying desperately to get them to move that makes total sense there they would lose so many fans... most teams, who are winning Super Bowls and they're at their peak of their dynasty do not up and move it literally it doesn't happen it's usually the other way around I don't remember any team that was really good that moved unless somebody wants to point it out all these other teams that move because it just wasn't working out...

Why I think it even makes less sense is because by the time this gets approved by the NFL by the time they find a location but they actually build a stadium and move into it and start marketing I believe that Patrick mahomes and Andy Reed will probably no longer be with the chiefs and they might not even be close to the same team Allah look at the New England Patriots... They are already back in rebuild mode and I believe the chiefs will be as well if and when they ever decided to move...
While it’s not likely in city of Dallas it is possible for a suburb bearing the Dallas , Ft Worth or Texas, North Texas namesake.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yea, you’d think so. Our population boom would certainly support this notion. Most of our new migration has come from other states bringing their fandom with them. And why we’ve seen so many opposing fans in attendance.

We must also keep in mind the base of the Texans support is mainly in greater Houston area. Cowboys own the rest of the state and part of 4 bordering states in Ark, Ok, La and NM.

That regional TV coverage would be tricky. Those Cowboy fans would uproar if lost coverage. I’d recommend new team be in AFC since Texans base TV coverage is Houston area. Then new team could possibly gain more regional coverage around the state not having to compete with Cowboys.