Would you consider a T.E. at 18?, You might

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Even if its not Davis, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Cowboys draft a TE in Day 1. Its a phenomenal draft class for TE's, and with the Cowboys primarily running 2 TE sets its not like he's going to sit and rot behind Witten. Besides, Witten still isn't locked up long term and the offense is screwed if he gets hurt. He could be next year's Flozell.

It would not shock me if the second best TE was available but It is also a very good linebacker class and I think we need another playmaking LB for this defense .I think unless there is an oustanding player that drops to 18 or the linebacker we covet is there I think we trade out. It looks to me like there are like 2/3 oustanding linebackers and a group of very good ones and I think if it gets to 4/5 LBs that BP/JJ consider equal then they trade down knowing they will get one .Like the Julius Jones draft..

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
1. He won't be available at #18.
2. Why not line him up at wideout? He'd be a mismatch against any CB.

demdcowboys#1

Reaction score
Wont happen, not at 18, i know the guy is an absolute freak, but Jerry said "OT in the 1st round". That settles that.

I would love to draft
-Huff, or Simpson
-McNeil, or Eric Winston
-Carpenter or Lawson

In the first round

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ghettogandhi said:
Arent you the same guy that Called Merriman a workout warrior

I would of never called him a workout warrior since his workouts weren't even that impressive.

I did say Ware could of possibly been a workout warrior.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
Typhus said:
You just might consider a TE at 18 if you have been paying attention to the combine the past few days.

The freak of the combine award goes to..........

Vernon Davis..... ran a 4.38.

That's absolutely insane for a guy that's 6'3+ 255 pounds.

Add to that, the fact that he had 33 bench reps at 225 lbs is unbelievable for a TE.
That is only 4 fewer than defensive tackle Haloti Ngata, regarded as one of the strongest players in the draft.

Oh, and he dominated the blocking drills.
He is literally one of the best athletes to ever enter the draft, and in my opinion the best tight end prospect in NFL history by a large margin.

I would not be surprised to see him jump a whole lot of players on draft day and even end up in the top 8.

If Davis is there at # 18, I would take him in a New York minute. He will be a star. A lot of guys on this board want a WR. Well, Davis is far better than any WR in this draft. He and Witten together would be awesome.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Even if its not Davis, it wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Cowboys draft a TE in Day 1. Its a phenomenal draft class for TE's, and with the Cowboys primarily running 2 TE sets its not like he's going to sit and rot behind Witten. Besides, Witten still isn't locked up long term and the offense is screwed if he gets hurt. He could be next year's Flozell.

I suppose you could play them together BUT... its like having a 2003 Mercedes and then getting a 2006 Mercedes. You dont really need them both. Too many other needs. I dont see it.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
YoMick said:
I suppose you could play them together BUT... its like having a 2003 Mercedes and then getting a 2006 Mercedes. You dont really need them both. Too many other needs. I dont see it.

I agree. Although I also agree with IR that we may draft a TE day 1, but it won't be in the first round.

I'm not saying Davis isn't good, but I think some of you have him severely overvalued.