Would you double dip at OL In 1st and 2nd round?

Hardline

Reaction score
Say we draft Torrance at 26 and Steve Avila is still on the board at 58?
Would you pull the trigger?

cnuball21

Reaction score
Drafting a G at 26 would be pretty bad IMO…

Just see who falls to the 2nd or 3rd. No blue chip Gs this year.

GuitarBytes

Reaction score
I would go more for OL with the 3rd and 4th, and with the 1st and 2nd two DTs, Bresee and Mazi,

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the entire OL needed to be rebuilt heck yes. But with Martin, Tyler S, and IF Tyron S is healthy at least until Steele returns, then I think 2 OL early is not in the plans.
Maybe not those 2 OL though, not sure.

Parcels did this with the NYG, drafted OL 1 & 2 then did the same thing the following year. Soon after they won a SB.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
It’s the way the draft falls I consider a second round OG and let’s say a fifth round OG. Will need to take a running back a cornerback interior defensive lineman and in the first room BPA.Let’s not forget that WALETZKO is reportedly doing well and are high on him

visionary

Reaction score
If board is wiped out and Kincaid, Porter, Gibbs, McDonald are all gone (which I doubt) then trade down to top of rd 2 and then consider OL

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure why not. Tyron is a ticking timebomb of injury. So, odds are we will need a left tackle or if they move tyler smith over, a left guard. That leaves zero depth at both positions and who knows what Steele is going to look like now. As we all know, this offense doesn't work without 5 starters playing well.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Swap Torrence for Darnell Wright and yes, absolutely.

I think Avila is potentially a better center than Biadasz, and Wright could be the best RT on the team depending on how Tyron's old man body is holding up. Start one of them at LG this year to get your best five on the field. Yeah, sign me up. That sounds awesome.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I want the Cowboys to take three defensive players with their first 3 picks McDonald, Brents, and a defensive tackle that is left standing in the third round. Like double dipping at guard, I don’t think that happens.