Would you double dip at OL In 1st and 2nd round?

75boyz

Reaction score
Short answer to OP- yes.
And especially if Quinn has already identified a strong OL coach for developing the talent in the future when he takes over after this year.

Jake0

Reaction score
I dont think they need to use the 1st and 2nd. they could get one in the 1st/2nd or trade down, and then get another one of their later round visit guys as a developmental prospect like Mafi or Bradford. Would need either Avila or Schmitz to take Biadasz's spot and let the other guard take over next year or something like that.

morasp

Reaction score
Maybe someone like Mafi or Vorhees if they fell to day 3.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Say we draft Torrance at 26 and Steve Avila is still on the board at 58?
Would you pull the trigger?
I wouldn't because we have positions to address where we need starters. Unless you are trading Biadasz for a pick, one of these two players would be a backup for a year. That's not a good use of resources in the first two rounds for a team that considers itself to be a contender but doesn't like spending in free agency.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Say we draft Torrance at 26 and Steve Avila is still on the board at 58?
Would you pull the trigger?
HELL YAH!!!!

That would be incredible. Tennessee Tackle at 26 and AVila at 58 would be even better.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If I could get Wright at 26, then I may think about Avila at 58. Then I could get away from Steele and Biadiaz next contracts and have better players.
If you take Wright and Avila then next season you let both Steele and Tryone go and you only have to resign Biadasz.

Then your line look like this: Wright, Martin, Biadasz, Avila, Tyler. Thats a great young line with one veteran.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
If the entire OL needed to be rebuilt heck yes. But with Martin, Tyler S, and IF Tyron S is healthy at least until Steele returns, then I think 2 OL early is not in the plans.
Maybe not those 2 OL though, not sure.

Parcels did this with the NYG, drafted OL 1 & 2 then did the same thing the following year. Soon after they won a SB.
IF your looking out to next season it does. Tryon and Steele gone and Biadasz is a FA. Martin and Tyler the only guys under contract.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It is…there isn’t a G this year as good as either of the 2 from last year. They were legit 1st rounders. These guys are 2nd rounders.
The Tennessee tackle Wright would be a stud guard. Torrence is debatable. There is also other tackles that could fall to us.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Not ideal but if I had to choose between taking two OL or settling for zero OL after two rounds, I’ll take both in a second.

fivetwos

Reaction score
The Tennessee tackle Wright would be a stud guard. Torrence is debatable. There is also other tackles that could fall to us.
I don’t see how Wright survives those handful of teams just in front of us. It’s gonna be a tease.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you take Wright and Avila then next season you let both Steele and Tryone go and you only have to resign Biadasz.

Then your line look like this: Wright, Martin, Biadasz, Avila, Tyler. Thats a great young line with one veteran.
Avila played OC for a full college season...