Would you double dip at OL In 1st and 2nd round?

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I want the Cowboys to take three defensive players with their first 3 picks McDonald, Brents, and a defensive tackle that is left standing in the third round. Like double dipping at guard, I don’t think that happens.
This is what I'm thinking. There are a lot of guys who can make our defense even better. First 3 picks could be front 7 players.

Spottswoode

Reaction score
Avila might get drafted before Torrence...
From what I have been reading lately, Avila seems to be moving up.

Avila played OC for a full college season...
True that…and was also First Team All Big 12 at center, followed by first team All American honors at guard.

The guy has played a grand total of 16 games at guard, yet some believe he is worse than guards taken early from every other draft.

According to the TCU football website:

2022 | SENIOR
TCU's first consensus All-American since wide receiver Josh Doctson in 2015 ... Team Captain as he led the Horned Frogs to the College Football Playoff National Championship ... anchor of an offensive line that paved the way for one of the nation's most prolific attacks ... started all 15 games at left guard ... did not allow a sack for the second straight season ... led all TCU players on offense with 1,044 snaps played.​

Sounds like a project and if we are going for a project, might as well wait until R3-4.