would you guys want deion to retire a cowboy?

LatinG187

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
would you guys want deion to retire a cowboy?

Yes I would like to see him retire as a Cowboy,but it wouldn't matter that much if he didn't.

Woods

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be ironic if Deion retired as a Dallas Cowboy and made the HOF, while several "real" Cowboys (who are deserving) didn't?

Personally, I don't really care one way or another if Sanders retires as a Cowboy, but I don't consider Sanders a "true" Dallas Cowboy. He was/is a mercenary. And I'm not making a value judgment on that, but just that he doesn't bleed blue and silver - unlike guys like Cliff Harris, Randy White, etc.

calico

Reaction score
I remember reading something where he said he wanted to go into the HOF as a Cowboy.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
deion was "the man" in 1998. he flat tore it up in the return game and was our best defender.5 INT and 2 TD as a punt returner.

in his prime, "primetime" left opponents with 1/2 a field in the passing game. he was that good. if opponents had the guts (or stupidity) to test him more - his INT stats would be unrivaled.

i would love to see deion go into "the hall" wearing the star.

some think of deion as a hotdog. :hotdog:

but, as the wise man said, "if ya can do it - it ain't bragging...." :moon:

ThEpLyMaKeR88

Reaction score
he's a drifter he goes from team to team so the answer is no
deion as a coach just doesn't seem right but then again he does alot of thing that doesn't seem right
Deion400x266.jpg

silver

Reaction score
Yes I would. Have him play one last season with us in 2006. If we make it to the super bowl he can take credit for it. Kidding aside I would welcome him back. He was one of the best of all time. Sorta like when Herschell came back for one last hurrah in Dallas in '97.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Deion like many other sport players these days all keep jumping around where money is, I don’t blame them for that we all know things has change for sure.
As for what you make of him I believe he will be either as Falcons or Cowboys ( he will chose the cowboys becouse that will bring more spotlight on him for years to come)
What about my man George (ice) Teague he played with so many teams but I believe he loves the cowboy more.

Check G.T site

http://www.georgeteagueandfriends.com/

Mash

Reaction score
We should all be honoured to have Prime Time retire as a Cowboys......one of the greatest football players in our time.

We all have to remember football is a business and players will go where the money is. Sanders is just making as much as he can before he retires....we would all do the same. Emmitt did the same.

That being said....I think his first love is the falcons....they drafted him and he excelled there on a very poor team.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mash said:
We should all be honoured to have Prime Time retire as a Cowboys......one of the greatest football players in our time.
"Honoured"? He almost personally put us in salary cap hell that would take us years to recover from. IMHO he is the worse free agent signing in the history of our team. For the money we spent on him, we didn't get as much on our investment as we should have. JJ pushed the panic button and over reacted and over paid for him. I do not feel "honoured" that he was a Cowboy. His being a Cowboy is something I regret ever happened. :(

Mash

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
"Honoured"? He almost personally put us in salary cap hell that would take us years to recover from. IMHO he is the worse free agent signing in the history of our team. For the money we spent on him, we didn't get as much on our investment as we should have. JJ pushed the panic button and over reacted and over paid for him. I do not feel "honoured" that he was a Cowboy. His being a Cowboy is something I regret ever happened. :(

How did he personally put us in cap hell......Jerry offered and he took it. We were in cap hell for alot of reasons....Galloway, Kevin Smith numerous restructurers....Haley...Novechek.....back problems....Aikman....first round busts. Jerry Jones wanted to win and he payed for it.

Sanders when healthy was a man amoung boys......even with his tuff toe problems teams still didn't throw his way. He returned punts....played WR and was a elite CB for us and at times played all those positions in a game.

Sanders was far not a bad investment JMHO :)

DallasKnight

Reaction score
Not in this lifetime, for any amount of money. No!

I have had an extreme dislike of Freioncan since he was a Falcon, and it became a
pretty serious hatred when he was a 40whiner. It settled down to a case of heartburn when he was a Cowboy, but I still didn't like him. It became a joke when he burned the Skinz, and ran back down to extreme dislike once he became a Raven. I just don't
like him, anything he stands for, and especially the way he acts.

Ever see the Leon Commercials? Those were aimed at Deion...

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:

agreed

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Yes i would love Deion to retire as a cowboy.

- First of all i am a big fan of deion and of the dallas cowboys.
- second imo deion identified himself the most with the cowboys
- third before he came to dallas he had a 1 year stint with the 49ers. he vehemently dissociated himself from that. Alone for this he should retire as a cowboy! ;)

TwentyOne

Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:

Sorry, but as i remeber it it was JJ who signed him. And there was no Deion with a gun threatening him to do so.

It was a decission of the DC management to sign Deoin. They were the ones who took us into cap hell. If there is someone who has to take the blame it's them not Deion.

To blame someone for being a good player and getting the price he is asking for isn't fair and not logical at all. Deion did a lot of good thing to the DC and he showed a lot of unselfishness. But he is also human who has to care about his own life and his future after football. He is aware about his talents and knows what value they have to any NFL team. For some people he looks arrogant for that. Not for me - the world would be a better place when people would be more aware of their own talent, then being so self destrucive with themself. IMO those people who never really learned to love themselfs as they are are the ones who feel hate (and maybe even fear) for people who are like Deion.

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
No. I never wanted him on our team and I don't want him to have anything to do with us now or in the future.

In fact, I wish he would just go away and I would never have to see his ugly mug again.

As to the ridiculous notion that he would make a good secondary coach: how could a guy who found every means possible to avoid going to training camp and practiced as little as he could, make a good coach?

I think he should retire as a Raven. The guy had no loyalty to any particular team and, as someone else said already, he was a true NFL mercenary.