Would you interview just two people for your job?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought about including this in one of the multiple threads on the new hire, but feel it would just get lost and ignored. But I'd like to present this question, if you were hiring for a job, any job, much less the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. Would you interview just two people and then call it a day?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're a fool if you think they only interviewed two people. I think they had this in mind since last year when they didn't re-sign Garrett.

Enlighten me if you think you know better. I know who looks like the true "fool" at this point with nothing to back up their empty claims.

Rajveer

Reaction score
This is a case of being Objective and Subjective both. Objective because of the number of candidates available and Subjective because Jerry and Steven are at the command. If they have the guy they want then why waste more time and move on to the position coaches. They are not hiring a receptionist for the Star where they have to sought though hundreds of resumes. This is the highest level of employment available and might have less than 10 candidates. 2 interviews seem less, but in the grand scheme of things, can be debated. I am with you though, that they should have taken some more time, but who knows what else is going on with MM and Jerry and Stephen's mind set. I am moving on to the next most critical position, the DC.

Kaiser

Reaction score
You're a fool if you think they only interviewed two people. I think they had this in mind since last year when they didn't re-sign Garrett.

On top of that this job only has a couple of dozen people on Earth who could fill the position. Every NFL GM could list them on a cocktail napkin if you asked them to. You aren't hiring new college grads for an entry level position, you have at least a decade of personal references on anyone who could possibly fill the job.

Last edited:

Doomsay

Reaction score
If you are desperate, incompetent at evaluating anything beyond the confines of your organization, have a need to show Jason that someone else will be physically at his desk, so that he no longer can be there, then, yes.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not ideally but if I'm afraid to lose the guy that just wowed me because he has several other teams interested in him and even interviewed twice with one of those teams then yes I might cut the interview process short.
For better or worse, this is very true. It's no different when you get that star free agent in your office.

You know his next stop might be his last, so if you know you want the guy, ask him to sleep over at your house and then make him an offer.

:muttley: