Would you make K. Richard HC if that's the only way to keep him?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I think he will be fielding a few DC offers at this point. If our defense keeps this up and and say we're heading into January @ 11-5, I imagine a HC job or two comes his way.

Would Jerry move on from Garrett after a 11-5 season to keep K. Richard?

cern

Reaction score
I think he will be fielding a few DC offers at this point. If our defense keeps this up and and say we're heading into January @ 11-5, I imagine a HC job or two comes his way.

Would Jerry move on from Garrett after a 11-5 season to keep K. Richard?
I would. Can't speak for jerral.

stiletto

Reaction score
Absolutely, especially if the O and Special Teams tanks while the Defense plays admirably which they have 95% of the time this season. Garrett is a leopard whose stripes won't change and that is the problem. He's not going to suddenly be a different coach after a decade. The proof will be in the pudding, this year he just has an amazing defense to bail him out. He knows NOTHING about defense...or game management...or play calling...or challenges or clapping..oh wait......

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Absolutely, especially if the O and Special Teams tanks while the Defense plays admirably which they have 95% of the time this season. Garrett is a leopard whose stripes won't change and that is the problem. He's not going to suddenly be a different coach after a decade. The proof will be in the pudding, this year he just has an amazing defense to bail him out. He knows NOTHING about defense...or game management...or play calling...or challenges or clapping..oh wait......
I just find it beyond hilarious that he came out of the bye with a conscious decision to clap less to avoid the heat, and that we're undefeated since.

K. Richard is the type of guy I could see lighting a fire under everyone's ***. I would love to have him as our HC.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Redball is practically blood so that’s a big No. Think of this, every coach other than Red has been replaced in his tenure along with a scheme change on defense. He is the one constant along with ownership that hasn’t had turnover. The mirrors in the front office must not have any reflection

Verdict

Reaction score
You guys probably need to wake up from your day dream. I don't think that Jerry is getting rid of the clapper any time soon.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Dallas finishes at 11-5, Garrett is not getting fired and unfortunately, Linehan probably stays as well. Richard will either be named the def coord or he leaves for a HCing job.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
If Dallas finishes at 11-5, Garrett is not getting fired and unfortunately, Linehan probably stays as well. Richard will either be named the def coord or he leaves for a HCing job.
That is my fear as well....

but uncle Jerry, to his credit, is a loyal man. He giveth and taketh.

Could see him offering Richard a fortune (DC type salary) to stay as DB coach.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Did the wheels fall off from now till the end of the season?

If so. Maybe

But

I thought we needed a young offensive guru to push Dakota to the limit.

Zordon

Reaction score
No I want an offensive guy at the helm. Let's be real, the Jones clan have shown no evidence that they can consistently build elite defenses. This year is an anomaly.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Did the wheels fall off from now till the end of the season?

If so. Maybe

But

I thought we needed a young offensive guru to push Dakota to the limit.
I think if the wheels don't fall off, Richard is going to be getting a lot of calls...

Secondly, I agree, but this teams position with the most room for improvement is a real QB coach, that can be done regardless of Garrett or Richard at the top of the card.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
No I want an offensive guy at the helm. Let's be real, the Jones clan have shown no evidence that they can consistently build elite defenses. This year is an anomaly.
the largest catalyst in building an elite d?
who turned B. Jones from a JAG safety to the #1 CB in the league?
who turned X. Woods from a liability to a borderline top 5 FS in the league?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
If Garrett does not win a playoff game this season, he needs to be booted. Period

He's been given ample time/talent to start keeping his teams in playoff contention.
Uncle Jerry won't see it that way if we go 11-5, which is what Vegas has us going....

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If I remember Jerry bragged about signing all the new assistant coaches to multi-year deals. I'm guessing this means they all likely signed the standard two-year deals for assistant coaches. If true, Richard is probably signed through 2019 season. The only way he leaves is HCing job. No way in hell Jerry will let him interview for anything less ( see Bill Callahan ).

As to OP question.......said this in another thread, IMO the Saints win could be the seed to a Garrett extension. I'm 100% confidence if we make the playoffs and win at least one postseason game, Jerry will quietly extend Jason a few more years during the offseason.

Last edited: