Would you make K. Richard HC if that's the only way to keep him?

droopdog7

Reaction score
Man I’m glad some of y’all don’t run the team. Fans love the “passionate” guy. That stuff gets real old real quick.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Man I’m glad some of y’all don’t run the team. Fans love the “passionate” guy. That stuff gets real old real quick.
It's more like loving the ones that gets players to run through brick walls (Jimmy Johnson) , vs ones that praise good effort, trying to tear down that wall. No, that wall needs to be destroyed! ;)

Last edited:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I’ll say it again. Before Richard came, Lee seemed to be the only one who knew the defense. Now Lee is out and the defense is fine. Yet people want to credit Lee helping out the linebackers :lmao: it’s Richard. He knows how to teach defense at an expert level.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Its not about passion. He knows how to teach. Stop talkin out of your behind
Okay but this guy was fired like, nine months ago. Plenty of “great” coordinators fail as head coaches.

And what exactly makes him a special teacher? Because you see him in highlight videos? Yes, the defense is playing great. Buts let’s see more before we try to annoint the guy.

droopdog7

Reaction score
It's more like loving the ones that gets players to run through brick walls (Jimmy Johnson) , vs one that praises good effort, trying to tear down that wall. No, that wall needs to be destroyed! ;)
Players playing hard has not been an issue since garret got here.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You’re right, that’s why so many fans *love* the guy. Look no further than the reaction to him getting in a pregame scuffle in PHI for proof of that.

As I said, I like the guy, too. I keep going back to him being the only coordinator Pete Carroll has fires at any level, though. In the back of my head I see him more as a fiery gameday coach more than I do as an organized and prepared HC candidate. I would like to see him get a shot at DC, though. And if the unit progresses, HC would be next.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Yes. I think he's one of the best young DC's, especially as far as secondary play goes, in this new era.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Okay but this guy was fired like, nine months ago. Plenty of “great” coordinators fail as head coaches.

And what exactly makes him a special teacher? Because you see him in highlight videos? Yes, the defense is playing great. Buts let’s see more before we try to annoint the guy.
I don’t care about him being fired. Great coaches get fired. Look at Belicheck. Seattle players swear by him. And yes, I’ve seen videos and I listen to what comes out of his mouth. The confidence in what he says in addition to his results. I know a great teacher when I hear one.

cern

Reaction score

I think his firing was more related to Pete Carroll playing cya.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Players playing hard has not been an issue since garret got here.

I'll give you that. I'm just questioning the level.

Have you ever seen a defense play like they did against the Saints during Garrett/Marenelli's tenure without Richard? I think that had more to do with Kris Richard. I could be wrong though. Could just be the perfect blend.

Last edited:

droopdog7

Reaction score
I don’t care about him being fired. Great coaches get fired. Look at Belicheck. Seattle players swear by him. And yes, I’ve seen videos and I listen to what comes out of his mouth. The confidence in what he says in addition to his results. I know a great teacher when I hear one.
So you point to belicheck as an example of a great coach being fired? The extreme cases of all extreme cases. And yes, he was fired as a head coach and ended up becoming a great coach. Richard was fired as a coordinator and we have no idea what kind of coach he would be. Those sideline videos don’t mean jack.

As the Seattle players swear by him as what...a head coach? I don’t think so.

droopdog7

Reaction score
I'll give you that. I'm just questioning the level.

Have you ever seen a defense play like they did against the Saints during Garrett's/Marenelli's tenure? I think that had more to do with Kris Richard. I could be wrong though.
Could be, could be. But that doesn’t mean he’ll be a great head coach. The fiery guy doesn’t usually last very long.

kevm3

Reaction score

More like fans love the guy that has produced one of the greatest nfl secondaries in nfl history, has won a superbowl and was a Pete Carroll bad move away from winning another one and has completely transformed this defense.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
So you point to belicheck as an example of a great coach being fired? The extreme cases of all extreme cases. And yes, he was fired as a head coach and ended up becoming a great coach. Richard was fired as a coordinator and we have no idea what kind of coach he would be. Those sideline videos don’t mean jack.

As the Seattle players swear by him as what...a head coach? I don’t think so.
Jimmy Johnson was fired. You want to keep moving the goalposts? Seattle players vouch for him being a great defensive coach. And of course the video means jack to you. You’re used to clapping in Dallas.....not a coach going up to a guy giving specific instructions on what they need to do. I understand droop

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
I think his firing was more related to Pete Carroll playing cya.
Rumors I heard, was an internal rift that went through the organization between the offense and defense after the goal line interception in the Super Bowl. Must have muddied the water between them.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Dudes keep focusing on the fiery angle lol. Richard just runs up the sideline all game being fiery. Lol he does what needs to be done when it needs to be done. That’s what leaders do :facepalm: