Would you make K. Richard HC if that's the only way to keep him?

stiletto

Reaction score
To your original question...maybe. But if I was GM, Jason Garrett would have been fired last year on the tarmac at Atlanta.

You said it man. I still can't forgive him for that cluster. That was an unbelievable nightmare. He and Linnehan both deserved to be fired after that game. Not only did they almost get our young QB killed, they ruined the psyche of who knows how many other young guys. Just shows you how obnoxious and clueless they are....including ownership.

Zordon

Reaction score
the largest catalyst in building an elite d?
who turned B. Jones from a JAG safety to the #1 CB in the league?
who turned X. Woods from a liability to a borderline top 5 FS in the league?
That's great but I'm not willing to sacrifice my desire for an offensive mind at the helm in order to keep Richard. I hope we keep him though.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If Garrett does not win a playoff game this season, he needs to be booted. Period

He's been given ample time/talent to start keeping his teams in playoff contention.

My take......

playoff w/o win .......he gets to play out his contract ( 2019 lame-duck year )
playoff with at least one win.....Jerry quietly extends him during the offseason

Vanilla2

Reaction score
I think if the wheels don't fall off, Richard is going to be getting a lot of calls...

Secondly, I agree, but this teams position with the most room for improvement is a real QB coach, that can be done regardless of Garrett or Richard at the top of the card.

Let him get the calls and if he gets the job good luck to him, but I believe he is the DC next season regardless

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Did the wheels fall off from now till the end of the season?

If so. Maybe

But

I thought we needed a young offensive guru to push Dakota to the limit.
We could also get that by promoting Kris Richard to HC, and hiring a new OC and offensive staff. That is, if another team is offering him a HC position.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting.

Why not?

I haven’t seen anything to suggest Richard’s a special coach. I really like what he’s got to say when I hear him talk, but the fact that he’s hit tempered is t the vote in his favor everyone else seems to think it is. Especially for a job working for Jerry.

And I actually think Garrett has the perfect temperament for the organization.

Them

Reaction score
I think he will be fielding a few DC offers at this point. If our defense keeps this up and and say we're heading into January @ 11-5, I imagine a HC job or two comes his way.

Would you make K. Richard HC if that's the only way to keep him?
Would Jerry move on from Garrett after a 11-5 season to keep K. Richard?

...Head Coach?...only if JG is to leave....other than that...just give him a big raise, that should hold him for awhile...If another team wants him right away, and he wants the job!?….then I guess he's gone...

TheCritic

Reaction score
As much as I would love to keep Richards, we already have Garrett's eventual replacement on the coaching staff already. I'm not worried.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
...Head Coach?...only if JG is to leave....other than that...just give him a big raise, that should hold him for awhile...If another team wants him right away, and he wants the job!?….then I guess he's gone...
He'll most likely get a head coaching offer in the off season. Espn was talking about how he's being viewed as a head coaching candidate tonight on Monday night football.
:espn: