Would you rather?

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
A.) Dallas finishes the season 11-6 or 10-7. Dallas loses first round game to Bucs/Saints. McCarthy is fired and Quinn takes over.

B.) Dallas finishes season 12-5. Dallas blows out first round opponent like last season. Dallas loses to Eagles/9ers convincingly in divisional round. MM is retained and Quinn decides to take a HC job.

I’d personally take option A. I think we’ve maxed out with MM, but I’m not necessarily sold on Quinn as HC either.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
B obviously.

This poll is exactly why I say things like "half this board would rather the Cowboys lose and be right."

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
In either scenario MM is coming back. DQ may or may not leave, but hedging a bit that defensive head coaches do not typically succeed in todays NFL so......

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
MM isn't going to be fired, no matter how the season ends.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Your point is "I don't want them to win a playoff game."

Would you rather go 0-17 or lose in the Super Bowl? They lose either way.

So a playoff win vs an 8-9 team gives us what exactly? A worse draft pick? If a loss the following week is guaranteed (as in my hypothetical), it would at least mix things up.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
So a playoff win vs an 8-9 team gives us what exactly? A worse draft pick? If a loss the following week is guaranteed (as in my hypothetical), a loss would at least mix things up.
Right, so you'd rather that they lose so you can be right that they need to change things up. Like I said.

Answer this question - Would you rather A) go 0-17 to "mix things up" and get a better draft pick or B) lose in the Super Bowl? By your logic, the answer is A.

Aven8

Reaction score
Overreaction Monday at its finest….

Drink some EggNog. You’ll feel better..

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
So a playoff win vs an 8-9 team gives us what exactly? A worse draft pick? If a loss the following week is guaranteed (as in my hypothetical), it would at least mix things up.
There is no team in the NFC that should scare us outside the 9ers, and no team plays the fierce D that the Bills do. Not sure any of you on here followed the defensive stats the Bills have put up this year, sans 3 top players

Swagger

Reaction score
A.) Dallas finishes the season 11-6 or 10-7. Dallas loses first round game to Bucs/Saints. McCarthy is fired and Quinn takes over.

B.) Dallas finishes season 12-5. Dallas blows out first round opponent like last season. Dallas loses to Eagles/9ers convincingly in divisional round. MM is retained and Quinn decides to take a HC job.

I’d personally take option A. I think we’ve maxed out with MM, but I’m not necessarily sold on Quinn as HC either.
It doesn't really matter as Prescott will be resigned and the Cowboys are unable to beat good teams on the road so unless the team is perfect in other regular season games to secure the #1 seed they will be unable to get over the hump until a better QB is brought in.