Would you rather?

blueblood70

Reaction score
A.) Dallas finishes the season 11-6 or 10-7. Dallas loses first round game to Bucs/Saints. McCarthy is fired and Quinn takes over.

B.) Dallas finishes season 12-5. Dallas blows out first round opponent like last season. Dallas loses to Eagles/9ers convincingly in divisional round. MM is retained and Quinn decides to take a HC job.

I’d personally take option A. I think we’ve maxed out with MM, but I’m not necessarily sold on Quinn as HC either.
Dude how delusional are you Dan Quinn's defense in the losses we're almost we're responsible for all the losses not on their own last night the defense played like garbage and that's who you want to take over an unproven coach without a Super Bowl ring that his side of the football is struggling what about his resume you think is better than Mike McCarthy I'll take #2 thank you very much but I'd rather have it as option 3 you blow it up and start over or you stay exactly the same if you can but I'm taking B if you're gonna force me to do it because anybody who thinks Dan Quinn's gonna be better you need to think on that he's done nothing as a head coach and he's had so many games like last night and years like he has here with blown leads and his team not showing up and not being physical enough no way Dan Quinn's the next head coach here I'm not having it absolutely not I'll take B

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm confused. What exactly about yesterday's defensive performance (or Seattle two weeks ago, for that matter) has got people fantasizing about scenarios in which DQ becomes the head coach?
What about Dan Quinn's career and his resume says he's gonna be better than Mike McCarthy what has his defense done this year that says that he should stay the defensive coordinator slash head coach nothing this is absolutely insane that he's getting all this credit for what?? I'm with you the original poster is so off base on this people think Dan Quinn's the next guy if Mike McCarthy gets fired no I'm in the opinion if you fire Mike McCarthy you let everyone walk and you start over you don't keep remnants from the old staff especially a guy who's mostly responsible for the losses this is not been good defense all year they get boat raced down the field constantly if it wasn't for the turnovers I've been saying that and I've been getting blasted for it because they're saying oh but turnovers is part of the DNA OK well what happened last night?? What happened in the other three losses before last night the defense got walked up and down the field in Philadelphia same thing in the Philadelphia game here AT&T before those balls got pulled out they were easily moving the ball up and down the field this is not new Dan Quinn's fence is broken it looks like rod marinelli right now hell someone last night look like rod marinelli to a tea this is Ben don't break but broke

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
It didn’t….but tbf I think it’s a personnel issue. Our defensive tackles and LBers aren’t run stopping players outside of Hank.
I agree but we have had that issue for years and we never fo get a true linebacker in FA to fix it. Idk if that is a DQ issue or a jones issue.

Creeper

Reaction score
A.) Dallas finishes the season 11-6 or 10-7. Dallas loses first round game to Bucs/Saints. McCarthy is fired and Quinn takes over.

B.) Dallas finishes season 12-5. Dallas blows out first round opponent like last season. Dallas loses to Eagles/9ers convincingly in divisional round. MM is retained and Quinn decides to take a HC job.

I’d personally take option A. I think we’ve maxed out with MM, but I’m not necessarily sold on Quinn as HC either.
Option B because it would be ridiculous to fire McCarthy and Quinn after another winning season and playoff appearance. I do not believe that there are 500 coaches out there who could coach this team to a Super Bowl. That is Jerry Think. The next coach could be another Clapping Carrot.

The question the Cowboys need to ask is not what coach takes us over the top but what players do we need to get over the top and I think we all know the answers. We need physical LBs and DL.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Option B because it would be ridiculous to fire McCarthy and Quinn after another winning season and playoff appearance. I do not believe that there are 500 coaches out there who could coach this team to a Super Bowl. That is Jerry Think. The next coach could be another Clapping Carrot.

The question the Cowboys need to ask is not what coach takes us over the top but what players do we need to get over the top and I think we all know the answers. We need physical LBs and DL.

Best reply so far. Well thought out and reasonable response. I sorta agree and think MM is 90% sure coming back for his final contract year. But I’d rather keep Quinn if we have to lose one of them.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score

B. If they keep getting these 12 win seasons could eventually land the 1st seed with a little luck. It’s huge progress from previous regimes. Can’t even remember the last time the Cowboys have easily made the playoffs 3 times in a row.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Quinn is astoundingly overrated here. Good riddance to him if he goes.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
If Dallas draws Philly in RD2, then we'll make the NFCCG.

But the ceiling is still the 9ers. It's really been this way since week 5.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

I am not sold on either after yesterday's debacle

cowboys1732

Reaction score
Can I have option C? Jerry has an epiphany and realizes he needs to hire a competent GM to help change the culture. Big Mike’ s play calling appeared to be atrocious yesterday but he has been pretty good the last several weeks.

Regardless of how we, as fans feel about Dak, I am sure he will be back next year. I cannot think starting over with a new head coach and OC is going to help the offense. Just my opinion. I hope they all bounce back against Miami next week and get a good road win and stay healthy.