Would you rather?

CCBoy

Reaction score
So a playoff win vs an 8-9 team gives us what exactly? A worse draft pick? If a loss the following week is guaranteed (as in my hypothetical), it would at least mix things up.
A win if won, first off, is good. That stands alone...

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Right, so you'd rather that they lose so you can be right that they need to change things up. Like I said.

Answer this question - Would you rather A) go 0-17 to "mix things up" and get a better draft pick or B) lose in the Super Bowl? By your logic, the answer is A.

WTH is this “so you can be right” bs? I asked a simple question.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Not everyone has the vision that if not perfect during the journey, your own view is the only relevance to be had....sorry, not true.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whatever anyone thinks of McCarthy personally, he’s 34-15 since 2021 and Cowboys have won 15 straight at home. They haven’t lost back to back games since 2021.

I‘m not defending what they threw out yesterday - it was a complete coaching staff/53 man roster stinker. But with this owner, we are not going to get some coaching “savior” to come in here and plant a miracle.

IMO Big Mac is light years better than Garrett and JJ hires HCs based first and foremost on his personal “comfort” with them not their coaching ability. Unless this team loses 4 straight and the team quits on him, Big Mac is back next year regardless.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I gave you an answer. The fact that you chose to not win a playoff game so that you can fire the coach means you'd rather lose and be proven right about this team not being able to win. That is your position.

You can't even answer my question because of how obviously ridiculous your logic is.

visionary

Reaction score
A.) Dallas finishes the season 11-6 or 10-7. Dallas loses first round game to Bucs/Saints. McCarthy is fired and Quinn takes over.

B.) Dallas finishes season 12-5. Dallas blows out first round opponent like last season. Dallas loses to Eagles/9ers convincingly in divisional round. MM is retained and Quinn decides to take a HC job.

I’d personally take option A. I think we’ve maxed out with MM, but I’m not necessarily sold on Quinn as HC either.
Neither option is good
Quinn is not a good HC. Even as a DC he is making the same mistakes from 2 years ago in the niners game
I dont think we can win a SB with MM, DQ, Dak combo

If we dont make the NFCCG i would let all 3 go but unfortunately Jerry will not do that and it will be more rearranging deck chairs on the titanic

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
We had #1 offense under Moore that sucked against good teams.

That’s not changed.
Dak is a totally different QB, forget about yesterdays all over mess. How is Herbert under KM? Why didn't think offer him the interim job? We had the #1 offense in spite of Kellen, MM has done more with Dak in 15 games than Moore did in how many years? C'mon man. This beatdown was on both sides of the ball, not on Dak or just the O

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Neither option is good
Quinn is not a good HC. Even as a DC he is making the same mistakes from 2 years ago in the niners game
I dont think we can win a SB with MM, DQ, Dak combo

If we dont make the NFCCG i would let all 3 go but unfortunately Jerry will not do that and it will be more rearranging deck chairs on the titanic

Yes. The options are bad. We all want Dallas to win the Super Bowl or at minimum break the 27 year title game drought.

But it’s a hypothetical question exploring fan opinion if things go wrong. If we make the NFC championship I want everyone back. But if we don’t, I think a shake-up is necessary to prevent the whole thing going stale next season.

austin88

Reaction score
I'm confused. What exactly about yesterday's defensive performance (or Seattle two weeks ago, for that matter) has got people fantasizing about scenarios in which DQ becomes the head coach?

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I'm confused. What exactly about yesterday's defensive performance (or Seattle two weeks ago, for that matter) has got people fantasizing about scenarios in which DQ becomes the head coach?

It would be a Jerry move.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
forgot to mention Zona and 9ers

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
A.) Dallas finishes the season 11-6 or 10-7. Dallas loses first round game to Bucs/Saints. McCarthy is fired and Quinn takes over.

B.) Dallas finishes season 12-5. Dallas blows out first round opponent like last season. Dallas loses to Eagles/9ers convincingly in divisional round. MM is retained and Quinn decides to take a HC job.

I’d personally take option A. I think we’ve maxed out with MM, but I’m not necessarily sold on Quinn as HC either.
What about Dan Quinns defense inspired confidence yesterday?