Would you sign Baker Mayfield as Dak's backup

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Coop has likely priced himself out of our price range. My first thought was Jerry would never sign a backup to push Dak. But when you consider the out on Dak's deal after next season or if he's looking for a nice raise if we make a deep playoff run. The thought is that crazy. We know Parsons gonna break the bank, adds Diggs and if you give Dak a raise, that's probably $350-400M on three players. Thoughts?

Loso86

Reaction score
Coop has likely priced himself out of our price range. My first thought was Jerry would never sign a backup to push Dak. But when you consider the out on Dak's deal after next season or if he's looking for a nice raise if we make a deep playoff run. The thought is that crazy. We know Parsons gonna break the bank, adds Diggs and if you give Dak a raise, that's probably $350-400M on three players. Thoughts?

Wait you think Cooper is going to get more than Baker?!

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Cooper Rush performed well because he has been in this offense for such a long time. He has value to us but likely not so much elsewhere.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Mayfield can’t play. I watched 3 of their games this season. The guy sucks.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Cooper Rush succeeded primarily because he's been in the Cowboys system for a long time. If he goes to another team, he won't have the same level of success.