Would you sign Baker Mayfield as Dak's backup

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Rush did what he was supposed to do. No more, no less. He played well enough to not be the cause of 4 losses, and the defense did the rest. He's not going to be the "It" guy in the off season.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

This is true but those 4/5 wins give him some skin on the wall......
I know what you’re trying to say. He’ll make more money than league minimum but I wouldn’t worry about it. Will still be drafting quarterbacks in the late rounds looking for somebody

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Rush did what he was supposed to do. No more, no less. He played well enough to not be the cause of 4 losses, and the defense did the rest. He's not going to be the "It" guy in the off season.

No he won't but there could be a couple teams that like him better than their own backup

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

This is true but those 4/5 wins give him some skin on the wall......
I forgot who Tony Romo’s backup was, played against the Eagles ,Tony hurt his back . It was for a chance to take the division. He was with us for a few years. He was much better than a Cooper Rush I don’t think he was making much more.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No he won't but there could be a couple teams that like him better than their own backup
True, but not enough to get in a bidding war, I don't think. Jerry might give him just enough to keep him, and if not, maybe we get someone who has a higher ceiling.

morat1959

Reaction score
Too much me and not enough we. He’d fit in here because he thinks he’s a star. Big…NO!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I forgot who Tony Romo’s backup was, played against the Eagles ,Tony hurt his back . It was for a chance to take the division. He was with us for a few years. He was much better than a Cooper Rush I don’t think he was making much more.

Hell dude....you talking about Weeden? (lol)
Who Jerry said threw a prettier ball than Aikman.........:lmao2:

GMO415

Reaction score
Donald and him kicked our arse in the past, so yeah.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No I’m not talking about Brandon Weeden. I’m talking maybe seven years ago just before him.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I gave you a like for the Jerry Jones half. I can’t believe he ever made that Statement

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Coop has likely priced himself out of our price range. My first thought was Jerry would never sign a backup to push Dak. But when you consider the out on Dak's deal after next season or if he's looking for a nice raise if we make a deep playoff run. The thought is that crazy. We know Parsons gonna break the bank, adds Diggs and if you give Dak a raise, that's probably $350-400M on three players. Thoughts?

Absolutely if the price was right, he is starting to realize that his best options at this point is to follow the Alex Smith program on how to be a veteran backup in this league.