Would you sign DeAndre Baker?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
No he looked horrible on an already horrible team
So does anybody think these charges and court proceedings affected his field play?

Would you be worried the court might mess up and find him guilty?

If I was 22 and looking at big jail time..I might not worry that much about a game.

You guys that just want to judge people becuz they get involved then are found not guilty are just out of touch.

Wasn't Lael Collins in some trouble with the law..then released of charges and then we signed him?

That did not work out too bad.

Hmmm..

:huh:

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
So does anybody think these charges and court proceedings affected his field play?

Would you be worried the court might mess up and find him guilty?

If I was 22 and looking at big jail time..I might not worry that much about a game.

You guys that just want to judge people becuz they get involved then are found not guilty are just out of touch.

Wasn't Lael Collins in some trouble with the law..then released of charges and then we signed him?

That did not work out too bad.

Hmmm..

:huh:
He had a horrible season and then in the off season was busted so there goes that excuse.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
He had a horrible season and then in the off season was busted so there goes that excuse.
Not really.

You ever been arrested?

I was on a mistaken charge of shoplifting in a grocery store.

It was thrown out of court like this was.

But I spent 5 days in county jail before bonding out.

But the whole time I was in cells with gang members and rapists and druggies.

I was scared to death. I say the guard beat the crap out of a 300 lb guy because he crossed a red line walking down a hallway.

In prison..you do not cross redlines. You stay behind them.

After I got home I had to constantly check in with the bail bondsman. I had to go to hearings at court and meet with my public defender. I had to review videotape of the store showing me shopping in the store. No theft was shown.

3 times the witnesses failed to show on court day. 3 times they failed to show and the case was dismissed.

All the while I could not sleep. I hardly ate. I would not smoke pot which would have calmed my shot nerves but I was afraid the court might ask for a blood test.

This went on for 4 months.

After I was still rattled and avoided grocery stores. It took me months before I finally started hanging with friends again.

So unless you have a clue about the law and how it does not work but can still understand how it can waste you money with lawyers..you do not have a clue.

I am still waiting for my waiting period to end. I have to wait 2 years to appeal the court to erase the charges for me and I can not be arrested or I can kiss that goodbye.

I have to hire an attorney this time..no public defender. He told me his fee is $1500 becuz it's criminal Court not civil. I have no choice unless I want a permanent criminal record.

So if you are not guilty..you are still guilty of being a chump u think?

You are pretty stupid if you ask me.

Sorry.

You asked for this.

:angry:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
As it turns out, the kid was framed ......... that's foul. He was a 1st round pick for the Giants. Almost like getting an additional 1st rounder for nothing but a rookie contract,

Armed robbery charges against DeAndre Baker dropped
Posted by Josh Alper on November 16, 2020, 11:25 AM

ESThttps://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/16/armed-robbery-charges-against-deandre-baker-dropped/

Former Giants cornerback DeAndre Baker is no longer facing armed robbery charges.

The Broward County (Florida) State’s Attorney’s office announced on Monday that four armed robbery charges against Baker have been dropped. The news was the second development of the day in the case.

The attorney for Baker’s accusers was arrested on Monday after allegedly making an attempt to extort Baker. Ryan Dunleavy of the New York Post reports that William Dean initially demanded $1.5 million and worked his way down to requesting $800,000 in exchange for his clients changing their statements about witnessing Baker rob people in May.

Dean’s three clients reportedly recanted their statements last week. The fourth person accusing Baker of robbery is not represented by Dean and did not show up for an October hearing.

Sure! Id have us take him.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
As it turns out, the kid was framed ......... that's foul. He was a 1st round pick for the Giants. Almost like getting an additional 1st rounder for nothing but a rookie contract,

ESThttps://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/11/16/armed-robbery-charges-against-deandre-baker-dropped/

Former Giants cornerback DeAndre Baker is no longer facing armed robbery charges.

The Broward County (Florida) State’s Attorney’s office announced on Monday that four armed robbery charges against Baker have been dropped. The news was the second development of the day in the case.

The attorney for Baker’s accusers was arrested on Monday after allegedly making an attempt to extort Baker. Ryan Dunleavy of the New York Post reports that William Dean initially demanded $1.5 million and worked his way down to requesting $800,000 in exchange for his clients changing their statements about witnessing Baker rob people in May.

Dean’s three clients reportedly recanted their statements last week. The fourth person accusing Baker of robbery is not represented by Dean and did not show up for an October hearing.
I thought I answered this question?

Does a pig make pork? Do Ducks form the trinity of a turducken? Did Everson Walls pick off 11 balls his rookie year? Did Everson Walls play for Eddie Robinson, Tom Landry, Bill Parcells, and Bill Belichick? The answer to these questions is the answer to should the Cowboys sigh Baker. Baker can play every DB spot and especially CB. He has extremely long arms (Star Trek Saru the Kelpian) for a 5-11-190 sturdy frame.

But, Jerry Dumbo GM Jones will pass on Baker. He is a trouble maker.
Good Trouble

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I would take a chance, I mean he is better than Eli Apple right?
Did you watch the video?

I mean if we can draft Jaylon Smith and wait 2 years for him to play..

If we can dig Aldon Smith who was out of football for 5 years..

and we desperately need a CB this year and next..

You guys would not sign him on his rookie contract?

My my..

Ain't we special?

Last edited:

J12B

Reaction score

100% no.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Not really.

You ever been arrested?

I was on a mistaken charge of shoplifting in a grocery store.

It was thrown out of court like this was.

But I spent 5 days in county jail before bonding out.

But the whole time I was in cells with gang members and rapists and druggies.

I was scared to death. I say the guard beat the crap out of a 300 lb guy because he crossed a red line walking down a hallway.

In prison..you do not cross redlines. You stay behind them.

After I got home I had to constantly check in with the bail bondsman. I had to go to hearings at court and meet with my public defender. I had to review videotape of the store showing me shopping in the store. No theft was shown.

3 times the witnesses failed to show on court day. 3 times they failed to show and the case was dismissed.

All the while I could not sleep. I hardly ate. I would not smoke pot which would have calmed my shot nerves but I was afraid the court might ask for a blood test.

This went on for 4 months.

After I was still rattled and avoided grocery stores. It took me months before I finally started hanging with friends again.

So unless you have a clue about the law and how it does not work but can still understand how it can waste you money with lawyers..you do not have a clue.

I am still waiting for my waiting period to end. I have to wait 2 years to appeal the court to erase the charges for me and I can not be arrested or I can kiss that goodbye.

I have to hire an attorney this time..no public defender. He told me his fee is $1500 becuz it's criminal Court not civil. I have no choice unless I want a permanent criminal record.

So if you are not guilty..you are still guilty of being a chump u think?

You are pretty stupid if you ask me.

Sorry.

You asked for this.

:angry:
County jail is different then prison. You went to jail for 5 days for shoplifting? What state was this in? Yes I have been arrested by the gang unit out here in my city, my friend was killed by police cause they said he had a gun. He didn't have a gun I know this for a fact. Im not sure where you're headed with all this but the dude was still straight garbage on the field.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
County jail is different then prison. You went to jail for 5 days for shoplifting? What state was this in? Yes I have been arrested by the gang unit out here in my city, my friend was killed by police cause they said he had a gun. He didn't have a gun I know this for a fact. Im not sure where you're headed with all this but the dude was still straight garbage on the field.
Life is full of surprises.

Where I am going is..watch the video.

2019 was pretty good.

This year he sucked.

Like us..?

Maybe he just wanted out of his contract and wanted a new team?

Maybe he tanked to do it.

Like us.

Seems like a good fit to me.