Would you sign DeAndre Baker?

Xavier187

Reaction score
I'm guessing no one read his wonderic or personal information stuff?

Like over 50% of the people who evaluated him on a personal level said and I Quote
"DUMB AS DIRT"
I get it Jerry Jones has money.
But he would literally have to employ three other guys to be with Baker at all time.

A teacher to teach this guy how to schooling.lol

A motivational expert. To teach him this is his damn job take it serious and don't go to sleep.

And a Security guy to make sure he doesn't do anything else dumb.

Js

I would give him a shot at Slot and see *** he has in the above three . But no way I'm trying to break my back for him

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm guessing no one read his wonderic or personal information stuff?

Like over 50% of the people who evaluated him on a personal level said and I Quote
"DUMB AS DIRT"

I get it Jerry Jones has money.
But he would literally have to employ three other guys to be with Baker at all time.

A teacher to teach this guy how to schooling.lol

A motivational expert. To teach him this is his damn job take it serious and don't go to sleep.

And a Security guy to make sure he doesn't do anything else dumb.

Js

I would give him a shot at Slot and see *** he has in the above three . But no way I'm trying to break my back for him

Where 50% come from ??????????

“This year when I was at the Senior Bowl practices, the last day of practice, I was talking to some of the Giant people, they didn’t tell me he was a bad guy or anything, they said he’s dumb as dirt. He struggled taking instruction in coaching, he basically likes to do it his own way.” ..

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I think you mean Carpenter

Definitely. Thanks. Carpenter was so bad I can’t even remember his name. Only play I ever remember him making was when Romo intentionally threw an interception to him and he returned it for a TD(?) when Carpenter was a Lion. Cowboys ended up blowing a big lead and losing. I was so torqued at Romo.

Xavier187

Reaction score
Where 50% come from ??????????

“This year when I was at the Senior Bowl practices, the last day of practice, I was talking to some of the Giant people, they didn’t tell me he was a bad guy or anything, they said he’s dumb as dirt. He struggled taking instruction in coaching, he basically likes to do it his own way.” ..

The 15 teams that talked to him. 8 said he wasn't the smartest tool in the shed

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
I get that his legal situation is resolved BUT wouldn't want someone who found himself in such a situation to begin with. No thanks.

cristglo

Reaction score
OK......this article talks about the character issues. After reading this, I agree he's not everyone's cup of tea.

https://www.bigblueview.com/2020/5/...y-think-of-him-before-2019-nfl-draft-ny-giant

Note: be sure to read the entire piece. There's certainly a difference of opinion regarding the depth of his character isssues.
CB will be a great need for sure and I dont think there is anything wrong with kicking the tires. You dont like what you see then move on

Cowboyny

Reaction score
OK......this article talks about the character issues. After reading this, I agree he's not everyone's cup of tea.

https://www.bigblueview.com/2020/5/...y-think-of-him-before-2019-nfl-draft-ny-giant

Note: be sure to read the entire piece. There's certainly a difference of opinion regarding the depth of his character isssues.

Certainly immature and lacks a high NFL IQ. Is he talented? Yes, but he needs coaches to stay on him. He sounds like a CB version of David Irving. These type of players rarely succeed in this league.

HanD

Reaction score
from all the articles posted about him and his work ethics, if we do take a look, I hope he has a short leash. Let him know from the get go that if he's lazy or not paying attention or doing things wrong he's gone.

I'm personally not a fan of entitled athletes who need to have an eye kept on them and need to be reminded but that's not to say they can't work out. if they don't though, they can have a negative impact on the locker room and rub off on other guys imo.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes i'd give him a 6 game interview. Maybe he does nothing, or maybe he shows a little something. We have nothing to lose. We have almost no depth behind Awuzie and Brown, so if this kid can come in and compete for the 3rd or 4th CB spot that would be just fine. Maybe he leaves in FA and we get a comp pick or maybe we give him a short 2 year deal, or he's terrible and we move on either way he's really cheap so it won't hurt to have a look.

John813

Reaction score
Yes i'd give him a 6 game interview. Maybe he does nothing, or maybe he shows a little something. We have nothing to lose. We have almost no depth behind Awuzie and Brown, so if this kid can come in and compete for the 3rd or 4th CB spot that would be just fine. Maybe he leaves in FA and we get a comp pick or maybe we give him a short 2 year deal, or he's terrible and we move on either way he's really cheap so it won't hurt to have a look.

Who ever signs him would have ERFA rights for next year and subsequent years. He only accrued one NFL season