Would you sign JJP?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Parsons is a 4 3 under SAM and LEO on passing downs. Sam has primarily gotten his snaps as Parsons backup. So yeah, he can most likely play SAM in a 4 3 under. Doubt anyone would want to use someone with his pass rush skillset as a traditional SAM which is basically a glorified block absorber!
he is a big fast dude and the pass rush has not been what we thought it would be so far.

exciter

Reaction score
he is a big fast dude and the pass rush has not been what we thought it would be so far.
Right! Big and fast with spectacular pass rush skills…so why would you want him playing traditional SAM responsibilities when we don’t really even use that function in the current defense. Even when we last used it 4 seasons ago we only played the position in the base defense (15%) of the snaps. Sam Williams needs to be rushing the passer not taking on lead blockers head on in the run game!

exciter

Reaction score
He has 94.5 career sacks...
5.5 in his last 25 starts! This is reminiscent of all the bemoaning everyone did when the eagles signed Suh last year and he wasn’t much more than a body!

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
Will he be able to grasp a loose ball fumble after parsons hits some unfortunate quarterback?

Einstein

Reaction score
Interesting that in this post people are saying that we have no space for him (I agree), but other posts said we didn't do enough to get Chase or Sweat to help make the team better...

Motorola

Reaction score
It's not a high horse comment for someone to think something is done in poor taste.
Yeah, but its coming from a guy whose made wise cracks about Gregory and smoking weed, so... Horse = high
Another CZer - 'Loso86' considered the comment 'unnecessary'.
I just responded that someone was going to refer back to JJP's incident... turned out that someone became several people.
Didn’t bother me in the least.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
We don’t need additional pass rushers. We need additional DTs, LBs, CBs, WRs, OTs.