Would you take a 1 for Dak and a 4

sunalsorises

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No way shape or form you get multiple premium picks for Dak . The double ones even “ random “ allows scouts to focus on one of the picks being a QB .

I’m sorry folks this current model Jerry is throwing around massive contracts for ( Prescott & Lamb ) ain’t getting in done in Jan .
I'm not sure what the second part of your reply means but no GM would trade Dak for just one first round pick while giving back a fourth. Dallas gets a third just by letting him walk out the door.

CWR

Reaction score
You get one pick for Dak a # 1 . You send him and four out of town . Two ones in 2025 is attractive and you get out from under heavy Dak sal cap implications . Your rookie QB in 25 gets rookie contract $ .

GB blew Dallas doors off , SF repeatedly beats Dallas the Lions are building a threat . May be time for realistic planning instead of ground hog day .
My thought was if we aren't going to put all our chips in and sign a couple vet FAs, mainly at DT and RB, then I don't know why we keep him. The current construction of the team has proven not to he enough for Dak to win. Of course, every year is different and you never know.

Also on the other hand would we even utilize the cap savings to be more aggressive? I doubt it.

I'd take the offer if we had an actual plan. I do believe he's worth more, but the ntc may make it more difficult and hurt value. That and his impending contract.

RonWashington

Reaction score
My thought was if we aren't going to put all our chips in and sign a couple vet FAs, mainly at DT and RB, then I don't know why we keep him. The current construction of the team has proven not to he enough for Dak to win. Of course, every year is different and you never know.

Also on the other hand would we even utilize the cap savings to be more aggressive? I doubt it.

I'd take the offer if we had an actual plan. I do believe he's worth more, but the ntc may make it more difficult and hurt value. That and his impending contract.

Good points .

Reactions: CWR

RonWashington

Reaction score
I'm not sure what the second part of your reply means but no GM would trade Dak for just one first round pick while giving back a fourth. Dallas gets a third just by letting him walk out the door.

My reply was to the Desean Watson example that was brought up and the bounty the Texans got .

Letting him walk for a future 3 as compensation by the NFL doesn’t get you a 1st round pick in 25 coupled with Dallas own # 1 which to be honest will be a better slot then recent yrs with a Lance Rush duo maybe Dallas gets to 7-8 wins .

I’m not for tanking I’m just looking for a way to go in a new direction and be out from under a Prescott salary haul .

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Way too low, I'd ask for 2 number 1 picks one for each year 25 and 26, and a 4th that turns into a third based on how he plays. Breaking News: HE HAS A NO TRADE clause that CAN'T be tweaked even if HE HIMSELF says he wants to be traded!! (Welcome to the cowboys blog lounge)

Creeper

Reaction score
No, I would not take a 1st for Dak and a 4th round pick. That would be a terrible trade for Dak.

I would want what the Rams gave up for Matthew Stafford. The Lions got Goff, 2 first round picks and a 3rd round pick for Stafford. Why would the Cowboys take less than that? Of course teams know Dallas will lose Dak of they don't re-sign him, but they would still be competing with the rest of the league if he becomes a free agent. I am pretty sure if the Cowboys put Dak on the market they could get 2 first round picks and more.

But again, Jerry let this go on too long. He should have done something with Dak before the draft. Same thing with Lamb. If Jerry was unwilling to pay Lamb $34 million in February, why would he be willing to pay him that much now? Or the other way around? The time to trade both of these players was back in March or early April.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No, I would not take a 1st for Dak and a 4th round pick. That would be a terrible trade for Dak.

I would want what the Rams gave up for Matthew Stafford. The Lions got Goff, 2 first round picks and a 3rd round pick for Stafford. Why would the Cowboys take less than that? Of course teams know Dallas will lose Dak of they don't re-sign him, but they would still be competing with the rest of the league if he becomes a free agent. I am pretty sure if the Cowboys put Dak on the market they could get 2 first round picks and more.

But again, Jerry let this go on too long. He should have done something with Dak before the draft. Same thing with Lamb. If Jerry was unwilling to pay Lamb $34 million in February, why would he be willing to pay him that much now? Or the other way around? The time to trade both of these players was back in March or early April.
Because we give up stars for a 5th round pick, why wouldn't we do it again!?

Forneymike

Reaction score
I

Make him an offer “ he can’t refuse “ Plenty of high priced athletes waive no trade clauses. Minnesota just lost # 1 JJ McCarthy , The Raiders probably start Minshew . Teams are out there .
We can’t get a deal done but you want to offer millions for Dak to take a trade. He is going to be an unrestricted free agent after this year. There is no offer he won’t refuse

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Anyone can be traded. And no one is giving up multiple ones for Prescott

He’d get at least one 1st round pick, if not two.

Teams were throwing around first round picks to trade for freaking Sam Bradford just a few years ago.

Teams are trading multiple first round picks to trade up in the draft to select rookies who end up being busts.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Your getting a first round pick in return that could end up top 15 plus your own one and let Will McClay have double ones in 25
WIth that said, where will we be picking, we're gonna have to use some ammo to get up to get a top qb