Would you take a 1 for Dak and a 4

Sandyf

Reaction score
No matter how talented the team the pick may be a first round in the 30’s would you take a teams one for Dak and you have to throw in a fourth rounder . So Dallas gets a one and the other team gets Dak and Dallas 4th round .
As presently built not sure this current model will ever win a SB.

As a franchise you go into 2024 with probably a Rush / Lance duo and with the record possibly worst then lately you have two # 1 picks in 25 to jump start a revival with an eye towards drafting a new QB .
LOL, Dak is worth more than the 49ers paid for Lance!

LysleE

Reaction score
If Jerry signs Dak to another mega-contract he is doing a disservice to the franchise and setting it back several years; Dak hasn’t proven he can win big games on the big stage with talented teams, so I don’t know why you would reward him with $50-60MM dollars a year. Let him play this last season then let him walk.
Dak has been in the league nine years and he has hit his plateau…he is a serviceable QB, generates huge statistics against inferior competition; but falters when it counts most…dont know that that justifies a new contract.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry makes the phone call after the pick is made . Looks good for the cameras . Remember he wanted Manziel . Thankfully Zack Martin was the pick . Surely you remember that ?
I remember it like yesterday. Doesn't change the fact that I'm right. Jerry makes the final decision, not Will McClay.

Yes they passed on JF but that was due to the draft room convincing Jerry Martin was the way to go. Then Jerry made the decision. Like he always does.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I remember it like yesterday. Doesn't change the fact that I'm right. Jerry makes the final decision, not Will McClay.

Yes they passed on JF but that was due to the draft room convincing Jerry Martin was the way to go. Then Jerry made the decision. Like he always does.

Jerry signs off on recommendations. He wouldn’t know Kneeland the 2nd rounder if they bumped into each other.

McClay & the scouts tell Jerry who should be the pick he makes the phone call .

NumOneQB

Reaction score
I would only if the 1 was a top 3 pick and Dallas gets a 4th with it. You’re giving Dak away for anything less.

plymkr

Reaction score
He has a no trade clause. Why would he accept a trade?
If he would accept the trade then I say yes. No matter how low the 1st is we would have our 1st as well. Without Dak that our 1st would be very high. So with 2 1st rounders, one being very high we could have draft flexibility to reboot the core if the roster and get out of salary cap problems.

I feel Dak with our current team will not win playoff games. We need to rebuild the team to run and stop the run. Those picks would help speed that process up.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jerry signs Dak to another mega-contract he is doing a disservice to the franchise and setting it back several years; Dak hasn’t proven he can win big games on the big stage with talented teams, so I don’t know why you would reward him with $50-60MM dollars a year. Let him play this last season then let him walk.
Dak has been in the league nine years and he has hit his plateau…he is a serviceable QB, generates huge statistics against inferior competition; but falters when it counts most…dont know that that justifies a new contract.
:hammer:

shabazz

Reaction score
Some of you guys need to wake up to the reality of Dak Prescott. You may not like him, you may think he can't win the big games, you may think he chokes in the spot light. But the vast majority of NFL players, coaches and executives do not agree with your assessment. In their eyes, he's the 16th best player in all of football and is considered a top 5 QB in this league.

How many top 5 NFL QB's get traded? How many get traded for anything less than multiple 1?
I am not a huge Dak lover, I do see some flaws to his game at times. But about 95% of the time I also see a very good QB who can win a lot games, be the face of the franchise and make $ for the team and the NFL. If you don't think that matters and has tremendous value to owners in todays NFL, than you're just wrong.
You've just perfectly described Kirk Cousins as well.....the Vikings didn't throw good money after bad when they learned Kirk cant win the big games

The Falcons were idiots to sign him and the Cowboys would be doing the same if they make Rayne Dakota the HIGHEST paid player in the NFL

Here's the news flash....in his 10th year he ain't gonna get any better.

RonWashington

Reaction score
I would only if the 1 was a top 3 pick and Dallas gets a 4th with it. You’re giving Dak away for anything less.

Hint . I’m trying to get Dallas out from under a mammoth cap hit. If a 1 comes Dallas way with your own 1 trade those picks get into the top 3 round one .

blindzebra

Reaction score
No matter how talented the team the pick may be a first round in the 30’s would you take a teams one for Dak and you have to throw in a fourth rounder . So Dallas gets a one and the other team gets Dak and Dallas 4th round .
As presently built not sure this current model will ever win a SB.

As a franchise you go into 2024 with probably a Rush / Lance duo and with the record possibly worst then lately you have two # 1 picks in 25 to jump start a revival with an eye towards drafting a new QB .
The runner up for League MVP is at MINIMUM worth 2 first round picks and you don't lose a pick either.