Would you take a 1 for Dak and a 4

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Plan B , Let him play out the string in Dallas . Time to give up the notion of a SB game in FEB as presently constructed .
Sans a contract north of $55 million AAV w/ $200 million guaranteed, I imagine “Plan B” is Dak’s plan. He and his agent seem to know what they’re trying to do. Why doesn’t Jerry seem to know what he’s trying to do? Cowboys fans have to give up the fantasy that anything can be acquired for Dak. That would have been easily possible had Jerry Jones not signed away the team’s right to trade him.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Beck out of GA will be gone to one of the NFL doormats . Sanders also probably gone . Quinn Ewers nice alternative and get the man a running game . Have a decent OL and receivers tight end taken care of already .

Here we go 25 :starspin:

RonWashington

Reaction score
Sans a contract north of $55 million AAV w/ $200 million guaranteed, I imagine “Plan B” is Dak’s plan. He and his agent seem to know what they’re trying to do. Why doesn’t Jerry seem to know what he’s trying to do? Cowboys fans have to give up the fantasy that anything can be acquired for Dak. That would have been easily possible had Jerry Jones not signed away the team’s right to trade him.

A one is not a “ fantasy “ it’s fair market value . Or plan B play out 24 without an extension that completes the current deal . Take your NFL FA compensation and move on .

rambo2

Reaction score
Playoff success with this current model . ZERO
The actualy won 1 playoff game. That does count. They were bad last year because they had no linebackers and played an injured corner. We will see what happens. They have linebackers now and better secondary depth.

Retro88

Reaction score
This Front Office fell *** backwards into Romo & then lightning struck twice with Dak. With a new front office I'd consider it. With this front office, no. I don't want them to have to draft a QB in a situation where they HAVE to get it right. Especially since we're a good enough team to prevent bottoming out so there won't be any slam dunk options for them.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Teach us, high school coach that also is the Drivers Ed teacher. .
I never taught drivers ed.....Texas HS coaches know more that any mountainerror....plus, I didn't say I was talking about you, but obviously the shoe fits, since you were offended.
I'll wait for your buddies to come to your defense...have a good day, Joke....I mean, mountaineer.

RonWashington

Reaction score
This Front Office fell *** backwards into Romo & then lightning struck twice with Dak. With a new front office I'd consider it. With this front office, no. I don't want them to have to draft a QB in a situation where they HAVE to get it right. Especially since we're a good enough team to prevent bottoming out so there won't be any slam dunk options for them.

You make alot of sense . I was hoping Will McClay would hit a jackpot with double ones in a draft . GB was a microcosm of how this team performs under the bright lights ,

Hadenough

Reaction score
No matter how talented the team the pick may be a first round in the 30’s would you take a teams one for Dak and you have to throw in a fourth rounder . So Dallas gets a one and the other team gets Dak and Dallas 4th round .
As presently built not sure this current model will ever win a SB.

As a franchise you go into 2024 with probably a Rush / Lance duo and with the record possibly worst then lately you have two # 1 picks in 25 to jump start a revival with an eye towards drafting a new QB .
I wouldn't take a 1 and a 4 I would just bench him and let him sit all year and watch.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
No matter how talented the team the pick may be a first round in the 30’s would you take a teams one for Dak and you have to throw in a fourth rounder . So Dallas gets a one and the other team gets Dak and Dallas 4th round .
As presently built not sure this current model will ever win a SB.

As a franchise you go into 2024 with probably a Rush / Lance duo and with the record possibly worst then lately you have two # 1 picks in 25 to jump start a revival with an eye towards drafting a new QB .
Id be happy if teams would offer me such a deal. And i would jump it in a heartbeat.

Heck id throw in Zeke too.

But truth is nobody ever will pay you for this cancer.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Dallas would be giving up way too much. I don't know what the official trade chart would say but I look at a deal like Deshaun Watson where Cleveland gave up 3 firsts and like 4 other picks, had to sign him to a fully guaranteed contract, get him unsuspended, and look the other way on a sexual assault habit.

The Watson deal was ridiculous so maybe a better comp is Russel Wilson who netted two first-round picks, two second-round picks, a fifth-round pick, and a player or two.

Folks may not like Dak but he is worth way more than basically some random team's first round pick.
Its not about what daks worth as a player. It's market value.

What do you think will teams give up for a qb from whom they know will hit open market next year?

If you say hey he will get a new contract. Well lets see first. Right now he has none. And why as a gm should i give up something for someone i can get for nothing.

Then dont you think other teams dont listen to his pressers? Dont you think they know he is looking for a really big contract and that he does not want to be bound for a long time?

Would you give up so many picks for a player who you have to pay a ransom and then is no more than a stop gap solution because he does not want to commit longtime?

Seriously i would not.

exciter

Reaction score
I

Make him an offer “ he can’t refuse “ Plenty of high priced athletes waive no trade clauses. Minnesota just lost # 1 JJ McCarthy , The Raiders probably start Minshew . Teams are out there .
Minnesota isn’t dropping a 1st just because the quarterback they just spent a 1st on tore a meniscus. The Raiders aren’t a playoff team even with Dak! What team out there is a legitimate playoff contender if they only had a QB?

nobody

Reaction score
Who would trade a 1st and a 4th for a 30+ year old QB with only one year left on their contract (who has also proven he can't step up come playoff time)? It's unrealistic. If he agreed to a trade and someone was stupid enough to trade a 1st and a 4th for him, I'd probably do it, but it would depend on the QB class coming into the draft because make no mistake, we'd need a dedicated search for a new QB because what we have won't cut it and trusting Jerry to pick a good QB is a tough sell. In any case, what we have ain't working.