Would you take a DE in the 2nd?

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
I would take the best DL player available. I'm not opposed to getting a beast DT to blow up the middle of the line.

We also need to make a FA splash.

cowboyec

Reaction score
for 58
Jaylon Ferguson,La Tech
Austin Bryant,Clemson
Charles Omenihu,Texas

after 58
LJ Collier,Tcu...tho he seems to be moving up
Joe Jackson,Miami
Shareff Miller,Penn St
Byron Cowart,Maryland...some have him at DT...I like his game.

Boise State Alert:
David Moa
Jabril Frazier

conner01

Reaction score
But you have to look big picture.

There’s arguably 6 1st round edge rushers in this class, and what, 1/2 legit 1st round TE talents?
I wasn’t arguing for a position
The point is the positions everyone wants, QB’s and pass rushers go early and often
The less critical positions the talent levels are better in the second that the premier positions
This draft has lots of edge rushers but they will also be picked over pretty fast
I think this draft has a good number of TE’s some the athletic down the field types and some more like a witten who aren’t as athletic but more complete
I’m not advocating taking a TE
I’m just pointing out at 58 there are other positions where the talent will be much better than what’s left at say DE or QB
We now have a desperate need at DE but I don’t want to take a DE if there is a much better player at a different position
Personally I’ve always felt Taco was a need pick and not best player. That type of drafting rarely works and gets you more taco’s and ekubans than good players

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
It's rather a MOOT POINT of glaringly blinding proportions when our envisioned offensive blitzkriegin' panzerfaust style of assault operations continually pull the ol'sputtering petered out maneuver, settling for the 3 point field goal attempts in the red zone Moore often than not,,, other than grinding out a "winning" percentage on the seasons record,all the while knowing we're not gonna prove effective enough(scoring wise) to show-out& compete in post season play :confused:

* before the #94's bon voyage news, I was seriously in favor of addressing that offensive lines ailments with our first opportunity in the draft,,,er,,,and still am o_O

cnuball21

Reaction score
I wasn’t arguing for a position
The point is the positions everyone wants, QB’s and pass rushers go early and often
The less critical positions the talent levels are better in the second that the premier positions
This draft has lots of edge rushers but they will also be picked over pretty fast
I think this draft has a good number of TE’s some the athletic down the field types and some more like a witten who aren’t as athletic but more complete
I’m not advocating taking a TE
I’m just pointing out at 58 there are other positions where the talent will be much better than what’s left at say DE or QB
We now have a desperate need at DE but I don’t want to take a DE if there is a much better player at a different position
Personally I’ve always felt Taco was a need pick and not best player. That type of drafting rarely works and gets you more taco’s and ekubans than good players

I’d rather have the 7/8th best edge rusher in this draft than the 5th best TE, RB,WR etc...

The group is that strong.

Taco was slated as a fringe first rounder and that’s where we got him. He didn’t pan out, it happens. He went right where he was supposed to go.

conner01

Reaction score
I’d rather have the 7/8th best edge rusher in this draft than the 5th best TE, RB,WR etc...

The group is that strong.

Taco was slated as a fringe first rounder and that’s where we got him. He didn’t pan out, it happens. He went right where he was supposed to go.
Taco’s problem is Taco, not talent
And there was talk of that before the draft
Hard to judge heart though
If you could get 7-8 best DE I would too. But your not. I suspect a dozen pass rushers to go before we pick. It’s not about position but talent. At 58 there will be starter quality players and several positions. I don’t think there will be at 58. I’d rather get a player not a position

cnuball21

Reaction score
Taco’s problem is Taco, not talent
And there was talk of that before the draft
Hard to judge heart though
If you could get 7-8 best DE I would too. But your not. I suspect a dozen pass rushers to go before we pick. It’s not about position but talent. At 58 there will be starter quality players and several positions. I don’t think there will be at 58. I’d rather get a player not a position

12 edge rushers before our pick?

The history of the draft indicates otherwise. I actually looked this up for the last few years and the average amount of pass rusher taken before our pick was 7 if I remember correctly.

I’m fine if we take another position - if 12 pass rushers are taken, which is incredibly unlikely, that means we’ll have a good luck at a quality S or DT.

cowboyec

Reaction score
heard that La Tech DE Jaylon Ferguson hates puppies.
hopefully if this gets repeated enuff in Indy...he should be there at 58.

if not...I will do a "Inception" on every GM before us and plant it in their minds...(just like DeCaprio).

reddyuta

Reaction score
heard that La Tech DE Jaylon Ferguson hates puppies.
hopefully if this gets repeated enuff in Indy...he should be there at 58.

if not...I will do a "Inception" on every GM before us and plant it in their minds...(just like DeCaprio).

I am interested to see if we even consider drafting him but he looks like a slower Dware coming off the edge with his ridiculously long arms.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I am interested to see if we even consider drafting him but he looks like a slower Dware coming off the edge with his ridiculously long arms.
When we scouted his teammate S Xavier Woods a yr or so ago...did we take a peek at him?

Beaker42

Reaction score
I’m on record talking about how exciting the DT class is this year, but the DE class might be just as good.

I think an honest argument could be made either way way depending on your trust in Gregory / Taco moving forward...but would you pull the trigger if a solid pass rusher fell?
Does a bear **** in the woods?

cnuball21

Reaction score

I can’t wait to see how he tests.

I don’t think he’s going to be quite the athlete to be a consistent double digit sack guy, but I think he can be a quality starter that will give you quality run D and 6/8 sacks a year with pressure. Good round 2 target.