Would you take Teddy at under 25 million Or Tak Dak for over 35 million?

Would you take Teddy at under 25 million Or Tak Dak for over 35 million

• Teddy

• Dak

Results are only viewable after voting.

superonyx

Reaction score
I know some of y’all are laughing because of who made this thread but if you put the bias aside and look at the numbers it may make some sense.

Let’s say Teddy at 20-23mil doesn’t quite get up to Daks numbers but is serviceable, but able to use the rest of that money to beef up the rest of the team.

OR

Pay 35mil and practically keep the same team and actually losing some players with Dak keeping his level of play from last year.

It is something to consider and I’ll probably get flamed but it does make a little sense if put your bias away.
I’m not biased at all. Zero bias. I’m routing for laundry so anyone we get I’m a fan of as long as they are helping us.

I wouldn’t want Teddy even for $5 million if it meant we lose Dak.
Teddy is a guy you pick up either as a backup or a serviceable vet while you groom your franchise QB. Why would I wish for this? Teddy is Chase Daniel, Keenum, Alex Smith...guys who won’t hurt you but won’t lead you.

These scenarios are weird because the men being paid millions who have made riches evaluating football players for most of their lives all agree that Dak is a QB with the money.

a bunch of message board trolls and drama babies that don’t know as much as they think can cry all day.....but Dak is the cowboys QB no matter what they say.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I wouldn't be adverse to tagging Dak and then draft a QB within the 1st three rounds.

He'd possibly be a valuable backup or a guy to challenge Dak for a starting position.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At this point we get it! Half this board doesn't want Dak.
This thread's current poll results:

Y5hCMYS.gif

Exaggeration and CowboysZone have gone hand-in-hand since 2004.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Had to think about this for a second, but Dak has consistently proven more than Bridgewater. For those that say he's the same QB haven't watched much football over the last 4 seasons.

Not to say Bridgewater can't be as good in the future with all the time learning on the bench, but the pay difference isn't significant enough to take that chance.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I wouldn't be adverse to tagging Dak and drafting a QB within the 1st four rounds.

That way, one might develop into a capable backup or challenge Dak as a starter.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No offense intended, but to sum it up in a nutshell,, the problems this franchise have can not be corrected by just replacing the coaching staff,, that's a start.
This franchise has much more deep seeded issues.
It gets much more problematic trying to succeed in this league when looking for a "new" franchise QB.
This division on this board really isn't about retaining Dak or moving forward without resigning Dak.
The real problem is that as a fan base we are more than likely ###### either way.
More than likely. I think at this point there's just a hope that a new voice will change things.......and it may but I personally can't sit here and get caught up in the hype train again. We keep blaming all these different parties over and over again while ignoring the real obvious problem.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I wouldn't be adverse to tagging Dak, then draft a QB within the 1st three rounds.

Doing so, he might develop into a capable backup or challenge Dak as a starter.
Yeah I just can't do that. I can't invest those picks in a backup QB this year. I can't once again waste yet another year of Zeke, offensive line, etc. in the hope of finding a young quarterback.

The Cowboys need to be in the place where they either rebuild or retool. You just can't waste the years of guys like Lawrence and Zeke.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What's the difference between 30 and 35 million lol? Its funny though he wants to be paid more than guys inferior to him but I don't recall anyone trying to give him more money when he was getting paid 500,000 a year lol.
its enough and of thats the thought process dak and his agents should take 30..it leave 5mil preseason for other players..thats quite enough for role players to put around him..

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yeah I just can't do that. I can't invest those picks in a backup QB this year. I can't once again waste yet another year of Zeke, offensive line, etc. in the hope of finding a young quarterback.

The Cowboys need to be in the place where they either rebuild or retool. You just can't waste the years of guys like Lawrence and Zeke.

Agreed, I changed it to the first four rounds to make it possible to accommodate some other sorely needed positions. There's no question but what our needs include some other necessary picks. If our needs for a SS, DT, LB and others came first, I'd certainly understand that as well.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
More than likely. I think at this point there's just a hope that a new voice will change things.......and it may but I personally can't sit here and get caught up in the hype train again. We keep blaming all these different parties over and over again while ignoring the real obvious problem.
Im keeping it real simple these days, as a fan all I expect is just a team that can compete.
That means week to week, and if we can put a team together that can accomplish that, then there is a chance to advance in the post season.
Ive changed, and I may be a bit older than most that post here, but I know that Im not the only one in here that took post season play for granted, and expected success.
Now it seems that the general Cowboys fan base just constantly argue on why we are not successful.
Im a sad Cowboys fan...:( these days...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't be adverse to tagging Dak and drafting a QB within the 1st four rounds.

That way, one might develop into a capable backup or challenge Dak as a starter.
The front office investing a high-round draft pick (e.g. first- or second round and possibly a third round pick) would be indicative of internal doubt in Prescott. That may come in the future but I do not see it presently, especially not from Jerry J\ones.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
its enough and of thats the thought process dak and his agents should take 30..it leave 5mil preseason for other players..thats quite enough for role players to put around him..
What type of role players can you get for 5 million? Didn't we sign Nolan Carroll and Cedric Thornton for that? That 5 million they save will go to signing Anthony Brown.

And I do agree which is probably why they are stuck I'm assuming. Cowboys don't want to set a market price for Dak and his team believes he should be paid more than Jared Goff.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agreed, I changed it to the first four rounds to make it possible to accommodate some other sorely needed positions. There's no question but what our needs include some other necessary picks. If our needs for a SS, DT, LB and others came first, I'd certainly understand that as well.
And I hope if they do its not some Mike White type. I don't know why they drafted him to begin with.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The front office investing a high-round draft pick (e.g. first- or second round and possibly a third round pick) would be indicative of internal doubt in Prescott. That may come in the future but I do not see it presently, especially not from Jerry J\ones.

I'm not so sure it would necessarily be looked at that way, especially in view of the idea of providing a capable backup to Dak. In addition to that, if he eventually developed into a viable challenge to Dak it could be seen as a reasonably acceptable procedure and legitimate competition. I wouldn't take one before the third or fourth round if I had my druthers,.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well they did do it with Zeke and Tony Pollard. I guess its somewhat different since they can actually play both guys at the same time but I thought they drafted a running back a bit high to be Zeke's backup. But maybe it was a value thing.

blueblood70

Reaction score
What type of role players can you get for 5 million? Didn't we sign Nolan Carroll and Cedric Thornton for that? That 5 million they save will go to signing Anthony Brown.

And I do agree which is probably why they are stuck I'm assuming. Cowboys don't want to set a market price for Dak and his team believes he should be paid more than Jared Goff.
its a better structure but the thread is teddy at 22=25 dak at 35 well ill take TB thats a lot more money for role players and BTW its not just 5mil its 5mil added to what we have to put with it..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm not so sure it would necessarily be looked at that way, especially in view of the idea of providing a capable backup to Dak. In addition to that, if he eventually developed into a viable challenge to Dak it could be seen as a reasonably acceptable procedure and legitimate competition.
I'm not sure if a 4th round rookie this year is better than Cooper Rush this year though.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not so sure it would necessarily be looked at that way, especially in view of the idea of providing a capable backup to Dak. In addition to that, if he eventually developed into a viable challenge to Dak it could be seen as a reasonably acceptable procedure and legitimate competition.
In my opinion, the front office investment in a high round draft pick at quarterback would automatically be indicative of a possible replacement for Prescott. That said, I believe the front office will nullify all reasonable speculation once Jones and Prescott settle on mutually acceptable contractual terms.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
its a better structure but the thread is teddy at 22=25 dak at 35 well ill take TB thats a lot more money for role players and BTW its not just 5mil its 5mil added to what we have to put with it..
This is the thing about the NFL though. You don't get by with 5 million dollar role players lol. You get by with cheap role players who are on rookie contracts who are playing for contracts. Getting retreads who other teams don't want? That's not how you build a team. Whatever money they save from getting Bridgewater would go towards re-signing their own guys. I know it sounds great in theory to think you can get some JJ Watt type in free agency but that's never the case.