Would you trade a 1st and Schultz for Pitts?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A 1st plus Schultz?????

giphy.gif

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
You mean the fact, that folks around here, were calling him a generational talent and we should trade up to get him. Even tho our defense was putrid.

Im not changing our 21 first round pick for pitts or anyone else who was drafted...I think we got the best player in that draft.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Quite a bit far fetched, I admit, but would this not immediately improve our offense? All this speculation about getting a WR, but we have Washington coming back soon. If we’re looking to make that playoff run, I think Pitts would make more sense than any receiver on the block.

Again, a bit far fetched and would probably have to give even more draft capital for him than a 1st, but I believe he would be a huge game changer for our O. Thoughts?
No

Motorola

Reaction score
Quite a bit far fetched, I admit, but would this not immediately improve our offense? All this speculation about getting a WR, but we have Washington coming back soon. If we’re looking to make that playoff run, I think Pitts would make more sense than any receiver on the block.

Again, a bit far fetched and would probably have to give even more draft capital for him than a 1st, but I believe he would be a huge game changer for our O. Thoughts?
With two of the top 5 players in franchise history recently departed - QB Matt Ryan and WR Julio Jones - the 2nd year GM-HC duo of Terry Fontenot and Arthur Smith are not going to let go of the most talented\ argurably best player (Grady Jarrett is still there) now - especially since the Falcons are tied for 1st place in the NFC South.
Bucs are struggling, Saints have fallen flat on their face.
Atlanta has a legitimate chance of making the playoffs - especially if Tampa Bay loses tonight.
Falcons host Panthers this Sunday.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Why do people come up with such threads that are never going to happen so why consider it?

How about I start a thread asking could I trade my wife for a few playboy models and hooters girls?

While nice to think about, it's NEVER going to happen.
Would be a long thread.

Cowboyny

Reaction score

I would do it for a 2 as he is a special talent, but cannot give up a 1 and our best TE.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Schultz has no trade value.

Why would a team on the rebuild trade for an impending FA?

Not to mention he makes nearly a million a game.

Atlanta had no business taking a TE that high and they will pay for the mistake. I remember all the “uncoverable” claims on him. Not quite.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Schultz has no trade value.

Why would a team on the rebuild trade for an impending FA?

Not to mention he makes nearly a million a game.

Atlanta had no business taking a TE that high and they will pay for the mistake. I remember all the “uncoverable” claims on him. Not quite.
you mean he has not caught 2000 yards yet in a season, too big for CB, too fast for LB to cover.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Why would Atlanta make this trade? Our first round pick is likely to be in the 20 or lower, and Pitts is still on a rookie contract, plus he just turned 22 a few weeks ago and is an athletic monster with an incredible ceiling.

That’s a trade that really doesn’t make much sense for either team right now. It’d make more sense for us, but none for Atlanta.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Hell no.

fivetwos

Reaction score
you mean he has not caught 2000 yards yet in a season, too big for CB, too fast for LB to cover.
He is a physical freak who Id take in a second, but in no way has he been some dominant force thus far. Not someone you take fourth overall while your OL and DL are terrible.

Around the draft there were some big words being floated around about him being of some other world. I guess some of those are thrown around loosely….like shut down corner.

jrumann59

Reaction score
He is a physical freak who Id take in a second, but in no way has he been some dominant force thus far. Not someone you take fourth overall while your OL and DL are terrible.

Around the draft there were some big words being floated around about him being of some other world. I guess some of those are thrown around loosely….like shut down corner.
The issue is being a man among boys in college means nothing in the NFL, if you do not put in the time and work. NFL is the best players from every college team so the talent gap is much smaller than in college when you can stat pad against lesser opponents

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
The argument that Ferg and Hendershot are adequate is a bit misguided I think. Sure, they look like nice weapons, but Pitts is an incredible talent and probable #1 target in this offense. He needs to be accounted for every play and would open things up for the other guys, clearing up space for Lamb and Gallup to make plays over the middle. It makes a ton of sense. I'd offer this trade, but I'm not so sure Atlanta would accept.

kskboys

Reaction score

I think you've been drinking!!! They'd laugh at that offer.

kskboys

Reaction score
No. I'd probably do a 3rd and Schultz though but doubt the Falcons would bite.
You are crazy!!!

If you want to trade for Pitts, the convo starts w/ two 1s. And that prolly wouldn't be enough. He's everything they thought and more. Real stud. He's the Micah of TE's. Would you trade Micah for a 3rd?