Would you trade Dak for Aaron Rodgers?

Big_D

Reaction score
AR couldn't even make the playoffs without Devante Adams.
And with him he was worse versus SF last year than Dak was by a fair amount putting up only 10 points on 225 yards passing and 0 TDs.

Is AR a better QB than Dak? Career-wise 100000%. Now at this age? Possibly so, but with even higher costs and far fewer seasons left in his career.
If AR cared about anything but getting the highest QB salary in the league he would be far more appealing.
As is he is one of least appealing QB options in the NFL.

But not less appealing than what's happening here. Everyone wants to cry about Daks lack of weapons yet have no excuse when he actually had those weapons last year and the year before that and so on. Even at his current age... Rodgers is a better QB than Dak Prescott. Now this is a moot point since the trade would never happen, but let's not pretend Daks in the same category.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Absolutely. Give rodgers our oline… ceedee and pollard and our d. He has to make a few clutch throws a game? I’d do it in a heartbeat

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is this a cruel joke?
I trade Dak for a pack of twinkies

leeblair

Reaction score
Cowboys would get more for Dak than they could ever get for Cooper Rush at least.
I'm not even sure of that at this point. Dak has proven he is not the marquee quarterback everyone thought he was, and he did it on a national stage.
Cooper Rush went on a national stage and showed that he could play. I'd rather have Rush as Dak any day of the week, and I think there are a lot of NFL GM's that realize now that Dak is useless.

ghst187

Reaction score
I think some folks saying no think it’s possible to build a 90s like dynasty these days and it’s just really not unless you have a generational QB. Everyone else is like the Rams and eagles…load up for one big run, then rebuild again

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You make these types of trades if you are planning to go all in with FA. Stephen will never do this.

Cowboys1966

Reaction score
Both would have to sign off on it (Dak probably won't) but hypothetically would you? Rodgers and McCarthy seem to be buddy buddy and McCarthy is going to call the plays next year.
If dak was part of the trade YES.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’m not sure why people keep bringing Rodgers up. He wasn’t good this year.

This doesn’t make us any better at QB.

jsb357

Reaction score
Dak is serviceable for Jerry's needs and ANY talk of AR as a solution is unacceptable.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Both would have to sign off on it (Dak probably won't) but hypothetically would you? Rodgers and McCarthy seem to be buddy buddy and McCarthy is going to call the plays next year.
Definitely, we save $18m in CAP for 2023 and cutting Rogers only costs $6m more than it would Dak.

khiladi

Reaction score
I'd trade Dak for free if it would off-load his contract...

khiladi

Reaction score
Forget the srub QB we have now, if you could get him for one year, Rodgers wouldn't be playing outdoors in Lambeau half the season.