Would you trade Dak for Baker Mayfield straight up?

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
nope-timon.gif

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Cleveland might actually not be a total dumpster fire this season...

No team in the history of the NFL has gone 1-31 and followed that up with another like 2-14 or 3-13 season, so no, doubt they will be.

But no team won a SB after starting 0-2, until Dallas did it. No team had the NFL's leading regular season rusher and won the SB, until Dallas did it. No team went to the SB as a wild card team, until Dallas did it. There's always history to be made, so it's possible.

Actually I'd almost like to see the Browns go 0-16 or 1-15 again, just to see if they owners would be so stupid as to keep Hue Jackson. But the Cleveland fans have been victimized by the Browns far too long, feel sorry for them...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
No guarantees at all there. Rodgers hasn't exactly proven to be the most clutch QB in the playoffs. The only time he won a championship was the one year he did have a top 10 defense, along with easily the #1 best receiving corps in football.

When their cheapskates management started letting a bunch of guys go on defense the offseason after they won the SB, their offense played at a record NFL pace the next year and they went 15-1... only to go one-and-done in the playoffs because their defense got so atrocious and they faced an elite pass rushing defense in NYG and Rodgers wasn't good enough to beat it.

Since the SB win, Rodgers' playoff record is 5-6. Sure he won ONE Super Bowl, so he gets a pass from a lot of folks, but then again so did Brad Johnson, Doug Williams, Jeff Hostetler, et al. Jim Plunkett won TWO Super Bowls.

Personally I am not all that impressed with Rodgers, he got to play Dallas under the not-so-great Jason Garrett. Think if he'd played Dallas under Jimmy Johnson or Tom Landry he'd be thought of so highly by some?

Like I've always said, there's a large element of luck in winning SBs, which is why quarterbacks like Johnson, etc. won't ever make the HOF, despite their rings...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
No. Ask again after the season. If it makes you feel any better Mayfield is already making a lot more money than Dak and yet Mayfield has not proven anything as of yet.

jay94

Reaction score
Based on what I have seen and what I have read I would do this deal. No I don't hate Dak, but after all the Romo haters have to find someone to love he is definitely overrated at this point in his career.