Would you trade Dak for two 1st round picks?

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Easy enough....if someone called and offered you two 1st round picks for Dak are you taking it?

Personally I would take a 2nd and be money ahead..

And yes I know we can’t trade him because he’s not signed yet....

Loso86

Reaction score
Easy enough....if someone called and offered you two 1st round picks for Dak are you taking it?

Probably not seeing how QBs are bot a sure thing lately

blueblood70

Reaction score

yes but not just any i mean two very highs first round picks to bad teams guaranteeing both picks will be top 5..yes..

low 1sts no..we should get more Strafford got more i think daks worth higher firsts..

JBS

Reaction score
On surface, 2 firsts for Dak appears to be a good deal. Once you actually sit down and try and think everything through, improving the team w that draft capital isn't so easy. There is almost no way you are a better team without dak moving forward.

Folks in here will come up with a bunch of stupid ideas on how to utilize that capital and some of them will actually believe the nonsense they will come up with, but it's not factual. So the answer to this question is no.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
If someone came in and offered us something similar to the Stafford trade it would be very difficult to pass that deal up. 2 #1s for almost any player you would need to seriously consider it.

A second round pick though wouldn't be enough to justify the trade unless you were planning let Dak walk anyway.

Shane612

Reaction score
yes but not just any i mean two very highs first round picks to bad teams guaranteeing both picks will be top 5..yes..

low 1sts no..we should get more Strafford got more i think daks worth higher firsts..
No one would know if the picks will be "high" or "low".
Regardless, for two firsts, I'd do it... hypothetically. lol

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
In a second. I like guy, but two firsts is a lot, plus you would still have your normal first. So you would have two years in a row with two first-round picks. Draft well, and you've gotten a lot better, and have some premiere players on rookie contracts.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
On surface, 2 firsts for Dak appears to be a good deal. Once you actually sit down and try and think everything through, improving the team w that draft capital isn't so easy. There is almost no way you are a better team without dak moving forward.

Folks in here will come up with a bunch of stupid ideas on how to utilize that capital and some of them will actually believe the nonsense they will come up with, but it's not factual. So the answer to this question is no.

lol ..

You’re right.. I don’t know how we could beat bad teams only without him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes and according to reports another team besides LA was offering DET 2 1sts.

Like DET, DAL is not inside the window at this time so any player is available to trade.

dckid

Reaction score

Of course you would. I would fly to Dallas and drive him to the airport. We would save 40 million a year. We would not be forced to overpay. This is a simple Calculus.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No one would know if the picks will be "high" or "low".
Regardless, for two firsts, I'd do it... hypothetically. lol
umm yes they would you trade the jets you KNOW FOR A FACT that you have the #2 overall pick thats yes and next year how big jump doubt that much most likely top 10 so that yes..other top 5 teams this year that need or want a QB you at least know they will garner the best #1s thes e next 2 drafts..

BTW on the jets id take 2 #1s and ask for their QB..that total YES..

trade with NE , SF, or better team no way those are bottom 10 picks and might as well be #2s

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
What kind of two 1st round picks? Both this year? Don't know of any team that has two high first round picks, like 2nd and 5th, for example.
If one is for next year, you have no idea where that will be. 1st or 32nd pick?

If it's the 32nd, that's not likely to help the Cowboys as much as those people would like. Could be number one also, but that's the risk.

Without more information, I'd say no, we have too many players at the end or near the end of their career, don't know that we have enough time for the draft picks, IF they turn out great, to mature and get in sync with the rest of the team....

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Depends who the team was , i.e. their likely draft spot over next two years

But a team expecting to draft in the top 5 over the next few years, once they have Dak, they will be drafting in the bottom 5. :D:muttley:

JBS

Reaction score
lol ..

You’re right.. I don’t know how we could beat bad teams only without him.

I've already asked you specifically for your plan..and it was absolutely trash..so good job