Would you trade Dak for two 1st round picks?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
If Stafford is worth two firsts, a third, and a starting caliber QB— I am not taking less than three 1s, and two starting caliber Defensive players

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I've already asked you specifically for your plan..and it was absolutely trash..so good job

Draft a QB and build the entire team.

Paying Dak and asking him to carry the team is a joke. He’s not that type of player.

He’s at his best when Zeke and the OL are rolling. He’s a game manager.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
@Mobinvans You do realize no one is giving up two firsts for a QB who can’t pass a physical and wants $35-40M/year with $110M guaranteed. Especially when the cap will be $180M for 2021. I doubt Dak will be able to pass a physical before the draft. After the draft, no one is offering squat.

I would take two firsts for Dak in a heartbeat. No questions asked. I would even trade him to WFT.

I think a top rookie QB can do as well as Dak did as a rookie with a loaded offensive team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
In the case of Det. they got more than just 2 1st rd picks. They got a starting QB with post season and SB experience. Give me a quality young starting QB, 2 1st rd and a 3rd and sure I would make the deal as well.

Flamma

Reaction score
Easy enough....if someone called and offered you two 1st round picks for Dak are you taking it?

Personally I would take a 2nd and be money ahead..

And yes I know we can’t trade him because he’s not signed yet....

Dallas could get more for Dak. There are a lot of QB needy teams. Once a bidding war starts anything can happen. Dak might get three first round picks. But to answer your question, if Dak was put on a non exclusive tag and some team gave us two first rounders for him, I'd be very pleased.

Sydla

Reaction score
Depends on the team sending me their picks. If Jacksonville was giving me their two first round picks this year and next year, it'd be very tempting.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the case of Det. they got more than just 2 1st rd picks. They got a starting QB with post season and SB experience. Give me a quality young starting QB, 2 1st rd and a 3rd and sure I would make the deal as well.

Dan Campbell has himself a better situation now, then when he took the HC position there.
They can take over that division within a few years, along with the Bears, depending what they do at QB. Especially since that State Farm actor is nearing his demise as an NFL QB. :laugh:

GMO415

Reaction score
Three and from what team? KC firsts are worst than the Jets picks.

Proof

Reaction score
In a second. I like guy, but two firsts is a lot, plus you would still have your normal first. So you would have two years in a row with two first-round picks. Draft well, and you've gotten a lot better, and have some premiere players on rookie contracts.

youve only gotten a lot better if you’ve found a qb.

I’m not opposed though.

Proof

Reaction score
Easy enough....if someone called and offered you two 1st round picks for Dak are you taking it?

you would trade Dak for a 2nd round pick?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If Stafford is worth two firsts, a third, and a starting caliber QB— I am not taking less than three 1s, and two starting caliber Defensive players

That is not what the Rams traded for exactly. The Rams gave up a lot for the Lions to accept Goff’s horrible contract. Texans had to give up a 2nd rd pick for Clev to take Osweiller and his $16M contract. Goff had negative value.

Stafford’s value is one first and a later round pick. WFT offered the #19th pick and third rd pick. Panthers offered pick #8 and a late round pick.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Absolutely not.

You aren't getting those two picks for a rebuilder, so they're not going to be top 5. Why would anyone want to trade Dak for, like, Jordan Love and Patrick Queen?

Swagger

Reaction score
That is not what the Rams traded for exactly. The Rams gave up a lot for the Lions to accept Goff’s horrible contract. Texans had to give up a 2nd rd pick for Clev to take Osweiller and his $16M contract. Goff had negative value.

Stafford’s value is one first and a later round pick. WFT offered the #19th pick and third rd pick. Panthers offered pick #8 and a late round pick.
I think I would have gone with the offer from the Panthers myself. # 8 pick plus not having to take Goff.
They might only end up with two late firsts plus Goff

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep. Then use the money saved to beef up the trenches through FA and draft. Sign a guy like Fitzpatrick to come in while we groom a young QB for next year or so.

DaveRowe

Reaction score

Hell yes!

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I think I would have gone with the offer from the Panthers myself. # 8 pick plus not having to take Goff.
They might only end up with two late firsts plus Goff

Yeah, the Lions gambled that the Rams’ picks will be high and gambled that Goff might play well. Lions might move Goff for a pick or two now that his contract is no longer toxic.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You can tag and trade him.