Would you trade for Quinnen Williams

blueblood70

Reaction score
What, draft for need??? Are you nuts? BPA ALWAYS!!! You'll catch merry heck on here from some if you say draft for need. (Personally I'd use a combination of need and bpa)

:lmao:
yes but tiebreakers always happen get real so if you have Mahomes and a QB is the highest on your board you take him? no ytou DO NOT.. so need is typically what breaks ties or close ratings. This year we need every position on defense so truly whomever is the very best defender on the board you take him. Seriously dude if another Lamb type slips to you in the first round you take him over the best defender,

No you do NOT...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm not trading any premium picks for players who will need big contracts. Cowboys need good rookies on cheap 4-5 year deals to fix this cap space issue.

Yep.

We need cheap quality now to go around a 40 million dollar QB.

HungryLion

Reaction score
For Jamal Adams, the Jets received two 1sts, a 3rd and a Safety that had started the previous 2 seasons for Seattle.

DLinemen tend to be valued higher than Safeties...

Yes. That’s the primary concern. While I like Williams. I’m not into the idea of giving two firsts. That’s for sure.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
The life blood of an NFL team is productive players on rookie contracts. The life blood of the Dallas Cowboys is high priced offensive star power.

There are only two ways for a team to get more out of a player than they are giving up to have the player. Guys on rookie deals and guys on one or two year deals looking to get paid. Literally every one else is a break even at best proposition and in all likelihood 50% of the players on their second deals or on extensions under perform.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. That’s the primary concern. While I like Williams. I’m not into the idea of giving two firsts. That’s for sure.

A team will struggle with the cap if they continually give up premium picks for players that require big contracts.

Pick are basically salary cap management tools.

Creeper

Reaction score
And hes probably a better talent than any dlineman next year

I get to watch the Jets a lot here in NJ. Considering there are no stud DTs in this year's draft, I would give up a first round pick for Williams. Nut why would the Jets, who need a rebuild trade him? He is young and healthy.

jnday

Reaction score
Personally I like Gallop but do not see them signing him long term and cutting Cooper. i think they'll just let Gallops contract run out but i'd hope we trade him for more than a potential late 3rd in 2023.
I think that drafting Lamb was partly due to possibly of getting rid of Cooper in a year or two. Keeping Gallup and Lamb would make much more sense than paying Cooper with his injury problems and inconsistency.

kskboys

Reaction score
I get to watch the Jets a lot here in NJ. Considering there are no stud DTs in this year's draft, I would give up a first round pick for Williams. Nut why would the Jets, who need a rebuild trade him? He is young and healthy.
There are studs as run stuffers, like Marvin Wilson. Disruptors may come out of the woodwork, hard to say.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
A team will struggle with the cap if they continually give up premium picks for players that require big contracts.

Pick are basically salary cap management tools.

Well, you can say it but that doesn't mean anybody will listen Walker. I guess it's the nature of the beast......

My3Sons

Reaction score
Pass......if he's on the blocks, he isn't working on his game.

Sam Monson, PFF’s Lead NFL Analyst, said that there has been good and bad in the grading of Williams this (his rookie) season.

"Given what we expected from him, we're as disappointed as anybody with his rookie season so far. His overall grade isn't bad, but it's all driven by run defense, which typically goes unnoticed,” Monson said.

“As a pass-rusher, he's been virtually anonymous, with just 13 total pressures on the season, or six fewer than Jamal Adams...a safety. I think it's too early to declare him a bust, but he certainly needs to improve."

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/quinnen-williams-must-improve-but-isnt-a-bust

2nd round pick or pass. Someone will overpay.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think that drafting Lamb was partly due to possibly of getting rid of Cooper in a year or two. Keeping Gallup and Lamb would make much more sense than paying Cooper with his injury problems and inconsistency.

Possibly. We can only guess what the FO will do. I just hope we don't just let one walk and that we trade for some kind of compensation.

quickccc

Reaction score
if that rumor is so , and Quinnen W. wants out that bad ..expect several more Jets players to demand so as well, ..
Jacksonville and jets seems to always have players demanding or forcing their way out ..

i frankly have not seen Qu Williams since he's been in the league, and some schemes don't enhance chances that
will stand your talents and skill sets out. i was surprised to find out Gregg Williams uses a 3-4 scheme with the jets
instead of the 4-3 schemes he has always used in the past with teams like Saints, Rams Skins etc.

i'm only familiar with Williams as a stand out Bama player coming into the draft where he was clearly touted
as a top 5 overall pick.

i figure something must be happening to where Q Williams must be forcing himself out ala jamal adams ..
and Jets would want multiple high picks ..ala Jamal Adams

fivetwos

Reaction score
He has shown flashes but hasnt come close to living up to his draft status.

He is probably worth a third at this point, but the Jets cant move him for any less than a second.

He wasnt drafted by the current regime and they may prefer to have more picks is why they may do it.

In no way has he shown to be worth a first however....especially one that may very well be top 10.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Id do it. The middle of this defense is absolutely abysmal

YET ANOTHER fan who wants to play GM. Last year the jets turned down TWO number 1 picks for him and now it's rumored that they would now accept that. TWO #1 picks for a player that has all of 4.5 sacks so far in the NFL and with all of the help needed on defense not to mention having to get a good LT to eventually replace Smith either next year or the year after giving up multiple picks is foolish. If trading for him was what would turn the Cowboys defense into a top 5 defense then I'd be more in favor of this, but we all know that wouldn't happen.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
The question is. How much more than a first rounder do they want.

I would definitely give a first. But how much do they want beyond a first.

honestly the cowboys first pick in the draft next year needs to be defense anyway and interior DL is a huge priority. (Well unless it’s QB but we won’t argue that in this thread)

So this would provide both a immediate benefit but also fit the teams long term needs.

This probably will sadden you but Prescott will be the QB next year and in the future.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I just want a big dude that actually plays big. But hes not worth a 1st at the moment. I'd give a 3rd. Maybe a second

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

I actually think that this year is a really good year, potentially, to get a DT.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
There are studs as run stuffers, like Marvin Wilson. Disruptors may come out of the woodwork, hard to say.

Williams can actually do it all, according to reports. They say he has excellent athleticism for his size. Of course, you always hear this but then sometimes it doesn't translate but yeah, last year scouts were saying that Williams was the best Lineman prospect in this Draft. Not just DLineman but Lineman, so both sides of the ball. This year, you haven't heard much but you don't know if that's due to the virus and coverage or what?