Would you trade for Quinnen Williams

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I’m not trading our 1st this year. Our QB went down and with all of the rest of the injuries....

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Damn you are slow

The rumor was ALL over twitter, goofy. Not just from that account, goofy.

So even if the tweet was from a fake account, it was actually gaining traction from other sources, goofy

Lol sub-25 year old chicks know more than you about football
You're stupid as hell :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

And yes that account was the one who started the rumor and you fell for it. Straight clown

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
I'm not trading any premium picks for players who will need big contracts. Cowboys need good rookies on cheap 4-5 year deals to fix this cap space issue.

garyo1954

Reaction score
The reason I don't listen to 25 year old chicks on twitter:

"It’s a fire sale in Florham Park. After attempting to trade, and then cutting, Le’Veon Bell. The New York Jets are taking calls on Quinnen Williams.
The New York Jets are selling off their best players left and right. Robby Anderson left in free agency, Jamal Adams was traded before the season, and Le’Veon Bell was cut on Wednesday. Now, Connor Rogers of Bleacher Report is reporting that general manager Joe Douglas is taking calls on starting defensive tackle Quinnen Williams."

https://elitesportsny.com/2020/10/15/new-york-jets-news-team-taking-calls-on-quinnen-williams/

Doesn't mean the Jets are offering him, but it does show the team is receiving calls of interest.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
The reason I don't listen to 25 year old chicks on twitter:

"It’s a fire sale in Florham Park. After attempting to trade, and then cutting, Le’Veon Bell. The New York Jets are taking calls on Quinnen Williams.
The New York Jets are selling off their best players left and right. Robby Anderson left in free agency, Jamal Adams was traded before the season, and Le’Veon Bell was cut on Wednesday. Now, Connor Rogers of Bleacher Report is reporting that general manager Joe Douglas is taking calls on starting defensive tackle Quinnen Williams."

https://elitesportsny.com/2020/10/15/new-york-jets-news-team-taking-calls-on-quinnen-williams/

Doesn't mean the Jets are offering him, but it does show the team is receiving calls of interest.
@QuincyCarterEra with another L

What a dunce he is

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This sounds like a trade expectation where we supposedly get a good player for nothing. Even the jets aren’t that stupid. Are we willing to give up a #1 pick? If not (I’m certainly not) we better start looking at next year’s draft.

Bulletin to our fans: There is no such thing as an instant fix in the NFL. We didn’t get this way overnight and we aren’t going to fix this bad defense with a trade and a bandaid.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
This sounds like a trade expectation where we supposedly get a good player for nothing. Even the jets aren’t that stupid. Are we willing to give up a #1 pick? If not (I’m certainly not) we better start looking at next year’s draft.

Bulletin to our fans: There is no such thing as an instant fix in the NFL. We didn’t get this way overnight and we aren’t going to fix this bad defense with a trade and a bandaid.
Bob, the current way we are building this roster (mainly the defense), has led to nothing. The tackle position on this team is absolutely horrendous right now. They should certainly consider it

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
i heard hes playing like trash and the jets always want a kings ransom..so no

He looked like a player the other night vs Denver. He's not out of shape....that's for sure. He's doubled all the time because the Jets have no one else to rush the QB. So he's the guy getting all the attention.

Just looked him up....He's only 22. He's a man-child.....that's just going to get better. Give me this kid...all day...every day. Jets would be stupid to trade a quality DT like him. But then again...we are talking about the stupid Jets front office. So anything is possible.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
jfrfpbzgegc0w4ko2vn9.jpg

Yeah....I would make that deal in a heartbeat....trading our #1 in 2021...would be a bigger heist than getting Cooper from the Raiders.

Cebrin

Reaction score

Id do it. The middle of this defense is absolutely abysmal

Depends on the price. Would it suddenly turn this team in to contenders? I don't think so. At this point I'd rather keep my draft picks, and carry on. Trades are only worth it if you're in contention, or if the value is there. I doubt the value is there all things considered going forward. Good post, homie.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The question is. How much more than a first rounder do they want.

I would definitely give a first. But how much do they want beyond a first.

honestly the cowboys first pick in the draft next year needs to be defense anyway and interior DL is a huge priority. (Well unless it’s QB but we won’t argue that in this thread)

So this would provide both a immediate benefit but also fit the teams long term needs.

For Jamal Adams, the Jets received two 1sts, a 3rd and a Safety that had started the previous 2 seasons for Seattle.

DLinemen tend to be valued higher than Safeties...

Verdict

Reaction score
I don't know Dak. This year, we could have a very high pick. We could have a top 10 pick and that likely translates into an LT option for us or a QB if that becomes necessary or an Edge Rusher that can straight up get it done. Perhaps the top of the Class Safety or a shut down cover corner. You could possibly be trading away a shot at Marcus Wilson, who many believe is hands down the best lineman prospect in this class. I mean, you trade that first and yeah, you get a DT but you may be giving away a lot.
I wouldn’t give up more than a second rounder for him. His contract will be steep for a rookie.

Verdict

Reaction score
For Jamal Adams, the Jets received two 1sts, a 3rd and a Safety that had started the previous 2 seasons for Seattle.

DLinemen tend to be valued higher than Safeties...
Seattle got fleeced. That’s way too steep of a price and pay the guy.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I’m not trading our 1st this year. Our QB went down and with all of the rest of the injuries....
if it were just our first might be worth it, the jest always ask for 3rimes what players are worth, no way that all they want.. so PASS now does Rams want to trade Donald ill give them 2 firsts a 2nd and 3rd

why because hes actually the best defensive player in the nfl and worth the Price, immediate impact.. there arent many guys worth that maybe Mahomes?

definitely not quininen you can actually draft a plyer like him if needed for less..

not sure what the draft depth is ion defense this year but we need on of everything

so its safe to say we are drafting defense heavy and 1st round wont be a offensive player.

Im taking THE BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER ON THE BOARD OF ANY POSITION WHEN OUR PICK COMES UP. NOT NEED ETC WE NEED THEM ALL WHOMEVER IS THE BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER ON THE BOARD..

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
There are no Aaron Donalds to be had in a trade or in the draft.

Nope, but I'd rather have the draft pick, Williams is like 308 lbs, with Poe being to this point another wasted free agent pick, the need for a bigger run-stopper is back again (other than Woods, who's not bad but he's not all that great either), pretty sure there's a bigger guy coming up in the draft that is more like Poe was hoped to be....

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
if it were just our first might be worth it, the jest always ask for 3rimes what players are worth, no way that all they want.. so PASS now does Rams want to trade Donald ill give them 2 firsts a 2nd and 3rd

why because hes actually the best defensive player in the nfl and worth the Price, immediate impact.. there arent many guys worth that maybe Mahomes?

definitely not quininen you can actually draft a plyer like him if needed for less..

not sure what the draft depth is ion defense this year but we need on of everything

so its safe to say we are drafting defense heavy and 1st round wont be a offensive player.

Im taking THE BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER ON THE BOARD OF ANY POSITION WHEN OUR PICK COMES UP. NOT NEED ETC WE NEED THEM ALL WHOMEVER IS THE BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER ON THE BOARD..

What, draft for need??? Are you nuts? BPA ALWAYS!!! You'll catch merry heck on here from some if you say draft for need. (Personally I'd use a combination of need and bpa)

:lmao: