Would you trade for Quinnen Williams

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I only trade first rounders for a proven talent. He still a development project at this point his career, right? I mean least year with Adams, I didn’t mind trading A first for because at least he had big time success in the league.

I don’t believe in trading first rounders for unproven potential

fivetwos

Reaction score
I only trade first rounders for a proven talent. He still a development project at this point his career, right? I mean least year with Adams, I didn’t mind trading A first for because at least he had big time success in the league.

I don’t believe in trading first rounders for unproven potential
Completely agree.

This guy could very much go by way of full bust, or if put in the right situation w the right staff could put it all together.

He has been inconsistent through now.

Theres no way you deal a first in this case, and probably not even a two.

I'd consider a third only because they need to do something at DT to save the season.... but what they need is a true 1T, and I'm not sure Williams is that.

AAron_Burrrr

Benched
Reaction score
Yes, I would do a 1st not much more. We need interior lineman anyway and there is no one on Q Williams level in the upcoming draft class. We should take advantage of the Jets firesale imo if possible

quickccc

Reaction score
Quinnen Williams was the 2019 Draft's 3rd overall pick picked by the Jets. This is his 2nd season in the league. Why would the Jets be willing to trade their super costly young DT talent?

i had same question but two prominent names have already forced their way out of Jets land, and if Q-Will is yet another big name that is trying to force his way out, ..that tends to show how dysfunctional and toxic an atmosphere the Jets must be.

Is Williams personally demanding a trade behind the scenes ,, has he been a malignant cancer or a tremendous underachieving
bust in their eyes and they want to unload him before other NFL teams come on to his under performances ?

or are the Jets trying to fire sale to gather more top picks to " rebuild " their organization for near future HC's GM and exes ?
..ala Jamal adams

khiladi

Reaction score
Gotta keep that HC around to ensure the 1st overall pick next year... lol

They are in full Draft Trevor Lawrence mode.

Darnold is pretty good. Gase is a complete train wreck of a coach getting by from Manning in Denver, years. That was the Manning offense and Manning as OC. Gase has done zilch and he’s one of those coaches that destroy the career of any potential talent they have. Darnold will resurrect his career something else.

But Trevor is definitely going to sell seats. There isn’t as much hype around a QB as there has been for years.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Willing to let a first round pick go while still on a rookie contract?

Smells bad up in here.

bdk76

Reaction score
Darnold is pretty good. Gase is a complete train wreck of a coach getting by from Manning in Denver, years. That was the Manning offense and Manning as OC. Gase has done zilch and he’s one of those coaches that destroy the career of any potential talent they have. Darnold will resurrect his career something else.

But Trevor is definitely going to sell seats. There isn’t as much hype around a QB as there has been for years.

I'd be willing to bet if the Jets have the #1 pick, the only seats Trevor will be selling in 2021 will be in Clemson