Would you trade Gallup for a young tight-end?

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Feel free to explain why you agree or disagree. Either way , its a conversation worth having.
I love Gallup. I think we have 3 number 1 receivers. If we had the opportunity to get a young Te with Similar potential to Gallup knowing what we have in Coop and Lamb, would you trade Gallup for him? Sometimes you have to give up something you have for something you need more.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
No. They aren’t going anywhere this year anyway and I want the future to be Gallup, Lamb, and some slot kid with 4.2 speed they draft next year or the year after. They kept 4 TEs so just make do or pick one up for free.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Obviously the leagues best receiving corp is going to lead us to the promise land. Lol

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
No. They aren’t going anywhere this year anyway and I want the future to be Gallup, Lamb, and some slot kid with 4.2 speed they draft next year or the year after. They kept 4 TEs so just make do or pick one up for free.
I don't think Gallup will ever be as good as Cooper. Don't forget that cooper is the number 1 and faces the best corner most of the game. Cooper is actually faster than Gallup. Gallup runs deep more because he always has single coverage. He has better hands, but Cooper is faster with better routes. I love all 3. I feel Cooper is used the way Lamb should be used. I'd take a young stud Te if it means I keep Cooper and Lamb. Coopers only 26.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Obviously the leagues best receiving corp is going to lead us to the promise land. Lol
I think adding a star TE helps us more than Gallup. Cooper would be free to run more deep routes. You have Lamb as the yac and possession receiver. The TE dominates the middle of the field. Again, I love Gallup, but with the other two having more talent and Gallup having 1100 yards and a low salary, he can get you a lot in a trade. I'd see if the Giants would trade engram or the Bucs would trade o j Howard.

Havic

Reaction score
No I wouldnt. Maybe a better possibility would be to trade a pick to Tampa for OJ Howard?

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
I fear Cooper never reaching his full potential with the way we use him. He's only 26. Marvin Harrison became a pro bowler at 27.
Isn't it odd that dez had average deep speed and we sent him deep 5 Times a game? Mean while Cooper proved in 18 that he can take it to the house. He outran fabian Moreau who runs 4.36. He he also took it to the house years ago on A Brown who runs 4.36. He has speed. having Cooper run deep more give lamb more room underneath.

cowboygo

Reaction score
Feel free to explain why you agree or disagree. Either way , its a conversation worth having.
I love Gallup. I think we have 3 number 1 receivers. If we had the opportunity to get a young Te with Similar potential to Gallup knowing what we have in Coop and Lamb, would you trade Gallup for him? Sometimes you have to give up something you have for something you need more.
The obvious guys I'd trade him for are Kelce and Kittle. I'd also take Mark Andrews and Zach Ertz. I'd probably do Darren Waller. After all these guys, no. Don't like anyone else for him. I feel the end result would be the same.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
The obvious guys I'd trade him for are Kelce and Kittle. I'd also take Mark Andrews and Zach Ertz. I'd probably do Darren Waller. After all these guys, no. Don't like anyone else for him. I feel the end result would be the same.
the point is a TE helps you more than your 3rd best receiver who happen to be good. it could work with 3 1000 yard receivers with a great OC and a qb who wasn't scared to go deep in tied games, but we have what we have. DAk needs guys with great hands who can catch bad passes and win jump balls. WE have Lamb. Now add a TE.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We dont have 3 #1 WR's. We have a #1 WR sometimes, a #2, ans a rookie who might sometime be a #1. We are also very thin at that position beyond those three. All of whom are considered starters

Im open to trading for a TE. Im not open to trading a starting WR for a TE

USArmyVet

Reaction score

No as Cooper is simply too unpredictable in terms of injuries and on field disappearing acts.......and Lamb is a rookie learning the system.

Havic

Reaction score
I do think we are in dire need of a tight end. Schultz and Bell are not the answer. I like Noah's size but man we are getting pretty desperate going that route imo.

cowboygo

Reaction score
the point is a TE helps you more than your 3rd best receiver who happen to be good. it could work with 3 1000 yard receivers with a great OC and a qb who wasn't scared to go deep in tied games, but we have what we have. DAk needs guys with great hands who can catch bad passes and win jump balls. WE have Lamb. Now add a TE.
Like who? I mentioned the guys I'd trade for.