Would you trade Gallup for a young tight-end?

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
I would be all about trading any of our receivers, but not for a tight end but for an O-lineman. Probably a top end guard. Look to kicking Connor out to tackle for the time being.

Receivers aren't going to do much if you don't have time and we obviously need this offense clicking.

Tight end should be on the radar though along with linebackers obviously.

Doubt we see any major moves that being said.

We have let this O-line slip. Need Elliott breaking huge runs again.

fivetwos

Reaction score
We need more players like Gallup, not less.

That all said...its somewhere between possible and likely that someone pays him like a 1 and he walks.

I would personally rather cut ties w Cooper and retain Gallup at that point, but that's down the road.

Its doubtful Coopers lower body issues are going to get better as he approaches 30.

fivetwos

Reaction score
We need more players like Gallup, not less.

That all said...its somewhere between possible and likely that someone pays him like a 1 and he walks.

I would personally rather cut ties w Cooper and retain Gallup at that point, but that's down the road.

Its doubtful Coopers lower body issues are going to get better as he approaches 30.
In fact, Gallup is the perfect guy to give an early extension to on the cheap....

But those are reserved for dudes like Jaylon Smith.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Feel free to explain why you agree or disagree. Either way , its a conversation worth having.
I love Gallup. I think we have 3 number 1 receivers. If we had the opportunity to get a young Te with Similar potential to Gallup knowing what we have in Coop and Lamb, would you trade Gallup for him? Sometimes you have to give up something you have for something you need more.
I consider Gallup a proven player at this point, so I wouldn't even consider it for a young, unproven TE. And I wouldn't consider it for a 600 yard, 4 TD TE. And I don't think the teams that currently have Kittle, Kelce, Ertz etc … would consider it either. That all takes out a lot of options. Maybe there is someone I'm not considering that would fit well with this kind of trade, but I'm skeptical.

Something else to consider is that, assuming Lamb is the player we hope and expect he is, there will come a time we can't afford Lamb, Cooper and Gallup. Cooper's contract may become the logical one to dump, and if se, we will need Gallup.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
No...but I’d trade Cooper for a 1st. Gallup and Lamb should be our starting guys in a few years anyways. And we could use another 1st to help rebuild the OL.

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
We dont have 3 #1 WR's. We have a #1 WR sometimes, a #2, ans a rookie who might sometime be a #1. We are also very thin at that position beyond those three. All of whom are considered starters

Im open to trading for a TE. Im not open to trading a starting WR for a TE
Your opinion. I’d trade Gallup in a heart beat if it gets us a young starting athletic t e

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I love Gallup and can't imagine too many scenarios where I would trade him.

However, he hits unrestricted free agency in 31 games and is going to be very hard to retain IMO.

And if Detroit was dumb enough to call and say here's TJ Hockenson, I'd wish Gallup well.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
No, because you don't know in the future whether Gallop or CeeDee will be the #1 to replace Coop. They are both promising and who knows who will be better.