Would you trade Gallup for a young tight-end?

cowboygo

Reaction score
E engram or OJ Howard. Both are still young and haven't peaked yet. they both also haven't had good qb play yet.
Gotcha. Mmm I could see the team making those trades, but I wouldn't. As much as Engram is more of a receiving threat, he is too injury prone. Howard could use a change of scenery, but man he was so highly touted out of college and has flopped. I personally like Howard more than Engram because of his blocking. Either way, receiving wise, don't think either of those guys would ultimately move the needle if it meant we lost Gallup. I'd rather trade a pick for those 2 than to lose a WR who we have cheap for 2 seasons.

cowboyec

Reaction score
For Kelce or Kittle? Hmmmm?
still wouldn't do it.
im not saying the TE spot isn't important.
but i'm goin 3 wide with Coop,Gallup and Lamb.
somebody's gotta be open.
and im goin' deep...beyond the sticks.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Feel free to explain why you agree or disagree. Either way , its a conversation worth having.
I love Gallup. I think we have 3 number 1 receivers. If we had the opportunity to get a young Te with Similar potential to Gallup knowing what we have in Coop and Lamb, would you trade Gallup for him? Sometimes you have to give up something you have for something you need more.
Go root for your eagles and 8 sack 2 pick Wentz.

If you could trade Wentz for a O-Lineman would you?

StevenRay24

Reaction score
I don't think Gallup will ever be as good as Cooper. Don't forget that cooper is the number 1 and faces the best corner most of the game. Cooper is actually faster than Gallup. Gallup runs deep more because he always has single coverage. He has better hands, but Cooper is faster with better routes. I love all 3. I feel Cooper is used the way Lamb should be used. I'd take a young stud Te if it means I keep Cooper and Lamb. Coopers only 26.
I think Gallup is better than cooper now

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Absolutely not. Gallup has steadily improved into a top WR. CeeDee is still an unknown in my book, can he take the hits he's gonna get all year, will he survive his rookie year?

Gallup is a proven quantity.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I like the idea of Noah Brown.

I think if we want a legit TE we will have to wait for some team to show that they are terrible and trade for their guy.

The Natural

Reaction score
Not trading any assets for another offensive player. There’s enough weapons on that side of the ball, its on the coaches/QB to figure it out.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
No. I would trade Dak before I traded Gallup.
Make Noah Brown a TE. He can block almost as good as a TE and he can catch.
You don't have to make him a TE, specifically, just run 10 instead of 11 personnel. It's stupid for Schultz to be on the field in blatant passing situations.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Feel free to explain why you agree or disagree. Either way , its a conversation worth having.
I love Gallup. I think we have 3 number 1 receivers. If we had the opportunity to get a young Te with Similar potential to Gallup knowing what we have in Coop and Lamb, would you trade Gallup for him? Sometimes you have to give up something you have for something you need more.

After this season, Gallup has one more year on his rookie deal. At the end of this season he needs to be approached for an extension. Depending on how much money he wants he should either be resigned or traded. Letting these guys walk should never be an option.

But no, I wouldnt trade him now for a TE. We didnt really have a TE before. Jarwin was a glorified WR rather than a TE. He can be replaced with a 4th WR or RB easy enough.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
George Kittle or Kelce and maybe Goedert would make me consider..... partially becuase I think Gallup walks at the end of his contract.

:huh: No way! Gallup will need a new deal the SAME year of our OUT on Cooper's current deal. Willing to bet a red penny ( my last one, lol) Coop walks, Gallup stay.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
How about we just run more 4 WR formations? We got Wilson, who I think has showed that he can be a steady WR. Or formations with 2 RB's? I hate that we lost Jarwin, but there are ways to go about this that don't have to result in trading someone, especially someone like Gallup, who has honestly turned into an amazing WR and amazing pick. If we really needed a TE, we need to pick one up in FA. If not, I think we can suffice without one.... Maybe.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'd trade Cooper before I traded Gallup. Right now I'm not sure he's not our best WR. I was one of the people that didn't like that pick when we drafted him. So I wasn't expecting it.