Would you trade him for Dak?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
In fairness, the poster is not the sharpest.
I bury you every time you step to me

Why would I trade a rookie QB with such promise(Dak) when I already have a QB(Romo) better than the guy you want(Carr)

Try to keep up or just keep licking the windows on the short bus

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I thought this was about trading Dak for these other young QBs. Maybe I misread.
We have a QB under contract(Romo) for the next 3 years that is better than Carr......why would I trade a rookie with 4 cheap years for a guy with only 2 years that may not even be better

windjc

Reaction score
Note, that all the people that are saying "yes" are using "arm strength and physical talent" as a reason. LOL. Like that matters! Joe Montana and Brady and Manning were all slow white dudes with average arm strength. Hell, Manning won a SB last year and could hardly pass 25 yards. Give me poise, leadership, spacial awareness and football IQ over arm strength and athleticism any day and twice on Tuesday. Although Dak has athleticism to boot.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
We have a QB under contract(Romo) for the next 3 years that is better than Carr......why would I trade a rookie with 4 cheap years for a guy with only 2 years that may not even be better

I was just saying which of the guys on that list I would trade for Dak. My answer was none of them. I said Bortles and Mariotta are overrated, I like Carr and Winston better than anyone else mentioned, and the only one I think might become a better QB than Dak is Wentz but I think Dak will be a better fit than Wentz. I wasn't comparing Romo to any of them.

chagus

Reaction score
If a trade was eminent... Carr. Hands down. Although, I really wanted Dallas to draft Mariotta (i know it was impossible at the time). Luckily, we dont have to wonder. Dak To The Future is tearing it up.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I wouldn't trade Dak for any QB right now. His only a rookie and eventually he will be the heir apparent to Romo. He fits this team like a glove and when you are blessed with a good player at the right time, you keep him. Why try and fix something which is working?

Nav22

Reaction score
ESPN's Total QBR is a better metric than passer rating.

Dak is 3rd in Total QBR at 83.9. Only Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers are ahead of him.

Carr is 6th at 68.7.

There's a huge leap from 4th (Big Ben, 83.8) to 5th (Brian Hoyer, 69.5). So Carr is significantly below Dak there.

Wentz is 8th. Luck is 10th. Winston is 13th. Bortles is 26th. Mariota is 32nd.

Would I trade Dak for any of them? Uh, thanks but hell no.

ESPECIALLY considering he's in year 1 of his dirt-cheap rookie deal and has all the intangibles/work ethic you want from your franchise QB.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I bury you every time you step to me

Why would I trade a rookie QB with such promise(Dak) when I already have a QB(Romo) better than the guy you want(Carr)

Try to keep up or just keep licking the windows on the short bus

Loooool.

You tuck tail and run as you always do.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
No but not buying Carr over Dak yet. Not even wentz over Dak yet. Actually I am now on the fence as far as tony getting his job back. Dak is special.

I get not taking Wentz over Dak, but Carr was fantastic last year and has picked right up where he left off this season.