Would you trade him for Dak?

Swanny

Reaction score
I love what Dak is doing here in Dallas. The leadership, the poise, the accuracy, decision making, etc, etc. I firmly believe he's the future. We have not seen this type of excitement for a young player, especially at QB, in a long time here in Dallas.

But I want to change the conversation a little and look at some hypotheticals which involve the other young QB's in the league. A would you trade Dak right now for QB X or QB Y.

We have spent countless hours debating Dak vs. Romo or Dak vs. Wentz. but lets compare Dak versus the careers of some of the QBs around his age (23). Most of these guys have more experience than Dak but with varied results. A few guys were top 5 picks. This is just for fun and conversation sake.

Dak Prescott - Age 23. 4th round pick. Rookie year. 3-1 as a starter. Stepping up for a team that desperately needed quality QB play after losing their starter for the 2nd season in a row. 3 Tds and 0 ints.

Would you trade Dak for any of these guys?

Jameis Winston- Age 22. 2nd year. Former Heisman trophy winner and National Champion. #1 overall pick. Over 4,000 passing yards and 22 Td's as a rookie. 7-13 so far as a starter in the NFL.

Marcus Mariota- Age 22. 2nd year. #2 Overall pick. 2,800 passing yards and 19 Td's as a rookie. 4-12 as a starter.

Derek Carr- Age 25. 3rd year. 2nd Round Pick. Has improved stats each year. 3,200 yards and 21 Tds as a rookie to almost 4,000 yards and 32 Td's in his second season. Carr is lighting it up in his 3rd season 9 Td's to 1 int. 13-23 as a starter on a much improved Raiders team

Blake Bortles- Age 24. 3rd season. #3 Overall pick. Big jump from season 1 to season 2. Threw for 2,900 yards and 11 Tds rookie year but broke out with a 4,400 and 35 Td season in year 2. Interception prone with 41 career ints. Hard to praise him or fault him for his stats due to playing on such a bad team that is always throwing the ball. 9-25 as a starter.

Jimmy Garapolo- Age 24. 3rd season. 2nd round pick. Very limited stats in 13 games played, but has looked like a future star in his short time. Coached by Belichick and the under-study of Brady has to give him an edge on the field.

Before the year started it might have been a no-brainer to trade our 4th round pick for any those guys. But now you've seen him on the field. You've seen him play great with a star on his helmet. He's the future. Would you trade him for another teams future at QB?
I'd do Winston from that list

mmohican29

Reaction score
Carr only.

Dak is as good as Winston is right now, and he's less of a head case. Lesser thrower, better field general.

ghst187

Reaction score
Why would I be kidding? Because hes thrown a lot of interceptions? He's asked to do far more in the passing game than Dak, and has gone up against some good defenses so far.
He's always been a turnover machine, even in college.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Hmm. I think I'd stick with Dak. If he's this good this early, a good leader, always improving, and works harder than just about anyone? Why would I give that up?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Carr for sure. Mariota may be a toss up for me. Nobody else on that list intrigues me.
The way I see Carr is the only young QB right now that seems bankable as far as being in that elite Top 5 class. A few others like Bortles, Mariota and Winston could possibly but they have shown enough to call them a future top 5 QB. Prescott is right there with them in terms of development and I think all things being equal you keep what has worked and what you know

Hardline

Reaction score
We've seen at least one full season of all those QBs mentioned other than Garropolo and only for games from Dak. I'm waiting till after the season to make that decision. We have at least 4 more starts from Dak before Romo comes back.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I do not understand threads like this.

Nor would I trade Dak.

Frozen700

Reaction score
The bias in me when it comes to Dak is saying ....**** you, hell no.

Now without being bias....I'd have to say Carr and Garapolo...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Are folks for real with Winston? The guy already has 8INT's and has a 72.9 rating. lol
He had a terrible game yesterday and he plays for a terrible team. He had a very good rookie campaign. If he gets talent around him he's going to be a top 5 qb in a few years.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Why those two? Just curious.

I look at what Garapolo is doing or was doing with the weapons they have New England minus Gronk, it's impressive.

Carr is just overall impressive to me. I feel like once Brady and Rogers are done being talked about, it will be him.

Overall I'd love to just keep Dak, because we are growing him in a sense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I look at what Garapolo is doing or was doing with the weapons they have New England minus Gronk, it's impressive.

Carr is just overall impressive to me. I feel like once Brady and Rogers are done being talked about, it will be him.

Overall I'd love to just keep Dak, because we are growing him in a sense.

I can't say I've seen enough of either to disagree with you just thought those were interesting names. I do think Garapolo has some weapons though. Not the biggest names but the guys contribute and play well most weekends.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Smh, what's it matter? Is that how you judge QBs? By their first four games?

Carr looks to be one of the best, if not the best young QBs in the league.

No but not buying Carr over Dak yet. Not even wentz over Dak yet. Actually I am now on the fence as far as tony getting his job back. Dak is special.