Would You Trade Romo Straight Up For Jay Cutler & Matt Forte?

jrumann59

Reaction score
I almost think I would take all the QBs marched thru here during Campo and parcells era and maybe weeden over cutler. The issue with cutler is not talent he is immensely talented, he has no heart, less leadership than when it was perceived Romo had no leadership, and is arrogant. Comparing him to Eli all you want stats are only half the story, Eli while not ideal is better leader than Cutlet by a mile and I do not think Eli is a good leader

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
We trade ONE starting QB and we get another starting QB AND a starting RB to replace Murray. Cutler has a gun for an arm. Forte replaces Murray and both he and Cutler behind this OL might shine.

Salary cap issues aside, would you do it?

I searched the English language for strong enough words to say how much my answer is no. I couldn't find any, so I'll just say no. Hell no.

muck4doo

Least-Known Member
Reaction score
Cutler has failed to impress Bears fans at the QB position. That should tell you something. We already have a Browns QB failure on our roster, and that's bad enough.

/Neckbeard Orton was better.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Forte's "tire" doesn't have much rubber left on it.

Even last year he didn't look that good to me.

erod

Reaction score
During my entire lifetime, which spans longer than I care to admit, the Bears have never had a good quarterback. Never.

And don't give me Jim McMahon, who didn't do squat without the best defense I've ever seen.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
tZOS8.gif

Section446

Reaction score
During my entire lifetime, which spans longer than I care to admit, the Bears have never had a good quarterback. Never.

And don't give me Jim McMahon, who didn't do squat without the best defense I've ever seen.

He won a Super Bowl. Not saying that he's even a good QB, but what more could he have done with the "best defense" you've ever seen?

JDSmith

Reaction score
We'd be better off trying to trade Romo for Adrian Peterson straight up and playing the season with Weeden at QB.

And that would be a horrible idea.

erod

Reaction score
He won a Super Bowl. Not saying that he's even a good QB, but what more could he have done with the "best defense" you've ever seen?

A better quarterback would have won multiple Super Bowls with that team.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Tony and Jay Cutler are an interesting study IMO. If we don't commit to the run and if the Bears get an Offensive Coaching Staff that can actually manage Cutler instead of what he has played under, the story could have changed a lot. Cutler, talent wise, is as good a QB as there is in the NFL IMO. What's wrong with Cutler is not talent.

Section446

Reaction score
Tony and Jay Cutler are an interesting study IMO. If we don't commit to the run and if the Bears get an Offensive Coaching Staff that can actually manage Cutler instead of what he has played under, the story could have changed a lot. Cutler, talent wise, is as good a QB as there is in the NFL IMO. What's wrong with Cutler is not talent.

There's no doubt, if you were building a QB, he'd probably look something like Jay Cutler. But at this point in his career, he's been through enough different systems and opportunities that it's pretty obvious, he just doesn't have what it takes to excel.