Would You Trade Romo Straight Up For Jay Cutler & Matt Forte?

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
The fact that Cutler sucks makes this easy.

Yet MMQB ranks E-Lie #11 right behind Romo at #10 and says E-Lie is a field general . . . . .

11. Eli Manning, Giants
Certified field general with the willingness and ability to spot tight windows and thread the ball through.

10. Tony Romo, Cowboys
Playing behind the league’s best O-line has allowed him to polish many areas of his once inconsistent game.

BUT:

When we look at the career numbers we see TWO QB's with almost identical stats:

CJR0EWpWEAUiehA.png

AND: between the 2 of these guys they have led the league in INT's 5 times!

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score

CJR0EWpWEAUiehA.png

And everybody knows Cutler sucks, right?

But E-Lie is clutch and many here raved and sang his praises over and over and would have taken him over Romo . . . . . . .

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Absolutely not... I respect Forte but he's approaching 30.. Even if Forte was 25 Cutler ruins the deal. Lockeroom killer and erratic qb.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
We trade ONE starting QB and we get another starting QB AND a starting RB to replace Murray. Cutler has a gun for an arm. Forte replaces Murray and both he and Cutler behind this OL might shine.

Salary cap issues aside, would you do it?

NO , no no no no no no no no

this is a QB league. not a running back league. without the right QB, you have no chance of winning, otherwise minn. would have had 3 superbowl trophies already.

cutler is far below romo and he has been exposed. and its not about his OL, given that romo for years had to deal with a crappy OL and still managed to be a highly rated QB. matt forte is good, but older and is not that good to garner getting that much worse in QB position releative to gains made in running game

perhaps a better question you could ask, is would you give up a 2nd round pick for Forte. if you really wanted to go out there, you could say would you offer a 1st round pick for forte...

but cutler and forte is a losing combinatin

EST_1986

Reaction score
Kids this is your brain
http://i46.***BLOCKED***/albums/f123/jamesv325/Screen%20Shot%202015-07-07%20at%201.38.12%20PM_zpsg8qo87vi.png

and this is your brain on drugs
http://i46.***BLOCKED***/albums/f123/jamesv325/Screen%20Shot%202015-07-07%20at%201.37.29%20PM_zpshfqplneo.png

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
First off....heck no to the trade. Brutal.

However, I could TOTALLY see us offering Chicago a pick for Forte. He is on a terrible team that should tank for a better draft pick and Forte is also on the last year of his contract. He would be a great fit behind this line, he pass blocks well and catches the ball well out of the backfield.

I would however trade a 4th for Forte, with the chance of the pick going to a 3rd if we reach the SuperBowl and Forte plays in the game.

bark

Reaction score
I'd rather have Jeff George and the Dancing with the Stars era Emmitt

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Yet MMQB ranks E-Lie #11 right behind Romo at #10 and says E-Lie is a field general . . . . .

11. Eli Manning, Giants
Certified field general with the willingness and ability to spot tight windows and thread the ball through.

10. Tony Romo, Cowboys
Playing behind the league’s best O-line has allowed him to polish many areas of his once inconsistent game.

BUT:

CJR0EWpWEAUiehA.png

And even with that knowledge that Jay/Eli are significantly statistically worse QBs than Romo (not to mentioned the bolded part above)....you still posed the question....what am I missing here???? Are you trolling a Romo debate?

UDcowboysfan

Reaction score
We trade ONE starting QB and we get another starting QB AND a starting RB to replace Murray. Cutler has a gun for an arm. Forte replaces Murray and both he and Cutler behind this OL might shine.

Salary cap issues aside, would you do it?

I just spit out my drink! Jay Cutler is a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sick of hearing about Cutlers arm, jamarcus russel had an arm as well.