Would you trade WR Gallup for a 1st round pick?

aikemirv

Reaction score
I think that teams, given the option of a pick or Michael Gallup would easily take Gallup after pick 20 if they needed a WR. Whether it be in the April 2019 draft or the one to come.

I don't see that as far-fetched at all given his production and promise he has shown.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No one would offer a first round pick for Gallup he proved against the Jets he’s not a number one receiver. He’s had drops the last two games. He’s a solid number two but that’s it. Don’t know why you would even want to trade him. Just another stupid thread!

InTheZone

Reaction score
If its for a potential top 10, maybe we 15 i'd do it and use it on a defensive tackle and use our own on a safety.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
If its for a potential top 10, maybe we 15 i'd do it and use it on a defensive tackle and use our own on a safety.

Both Byron Jones & Anthony Brown are leaving via free agency. CB is pruority #1 in draft before safety.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
For a team who’s receiver group was a pile of Pooh but now it is a strength why would you trade that strength away for any pick? They would likely screw it up anyway.

Hard pass.

lopey

Reaction score
My god LOL why in gods name would we want to trade Gallup???

Blackspider214

Reaction score
What is the obsession of trading away talent for draft picks that you have no idea what they will even be?

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
No. We'd probably screw up the pick. This kid seems to be a sure thing.
We've probably been the best drafting team in the first round over the last decade but sure whatever you say emotional fan guy.

The obvious answer here is not just yes, but hell yes.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Gallup could be ascending into a No. 1 featured caliber player. I heard Fish make mentioned that whispers around the Star says the organization thinks that highly of him.
He could be what Juju smith was to Antonio Browns in Steelers land. or a Reggie Wayne type complement to our version of Marvin Harrison.

You get a #1 for him and you take it all day long.

He's a nice young receiver. Not a #1. Cooper will always fill that role here.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
100%. We would be stupid NOT to. But no one would ever give us one for him.

Don't be so sure....I can see the Saints pony up. Brees in his final years...taking a swing for the fence while they can. Gallup might be the guy to get them over the top.

I think if I was the Saints...I might try and make that deal.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Don't be so sure....I can see the Saints pony up. Brees in his final years...taking a swing for the fence while they can. Gallup might be the guy to get them over the top.

I think if I was the Saints...I might try and make that deal.

I would welcome it.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
It’s tough I see 1B potential. If we were a really bad team I’d do it. It makes it hard for me because I think we’re only 2-3 players away. Trading Gallup sets you back short term.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
LOL....No one is giving a no 1 for Gallup ....come down to planet Earth bud.....

Just from everyone's reaction....a lot of people don't want to trade him because they think he can't be replaced. Others...see value in getting the pick. I think it's a worthy discussion. It just takes one team willing to roll the dice. :rolleyes:

Like some people were saying it's hard to find cheap good labor...