Would you trade WR Gallup for a 1st round pick?

blueblood70

Reaction score
NO not with AC contract up and not sure we can sign him.. MG wight be our #1 next season... you dont trade away talent when in a playoff race..

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think the offense can afford to lose any of its receivers at the moment. In fact, about the only thing we might be able to part with offensively is Pollard and I wouldn't want to do that. He's a great change of pace back.
Our receivers are fragile. We can't afford to lose them. Austin will go down again, as will Coop. It's a merry go round.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I will say I would not offer him up but if a team were willing to pay the price I want then any player is tradeable. Ask Walker.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
No not all. Like Dak, he's outperformed his draft position and is essentially providing first round production. He's young and he's a steal. We need him for our offense NOW.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The answer is yes, if some team was crazy enough to offer a 1st for Gallup you take it.
Do we like him, yes. Do we need him yes. Is he good, yes. Is he young and have potential to be really good, yes. Is he worth a 1st rd pick, no. So you do the deal.
Reverse the deal. At the beginning of last season, when we needed WR help badly, would you have traded a 1st for Gallup? NO you would not have.
That puts it in perspective.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
Gallup looked great early in the season, but that was for a 3 game stretch against the worst teams in the league. The last few games he has looked much more average.

Does he have talent, absolutely, but this "he's better than a 1st rounder!" is crazy. We just don't have enough samples yet to say that.

People who are saying "but Sanu got a second!" need to realize that

-Short of a meteor hitting Boston, the Pats aren't picking any lower than 28th, and 32nd is the most likely outcome right now. That 2nd is essentially a 3rd.

-Sanu has about 5 consecutive seasons of 60/800 production. He's not an elite receiver, but the Pats are paying for his consistency. They just need a sure pair of hands to catch Brady pick plays and screen passes, and Sanu has proven that he can provide that.

Last edited:

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A trade with a top team would only get a late first round pick, assuming they would make the deal to begin with. Late 1st rounders can be iffy, so I would stick with Gallup. Besides, what would we use the pick for - a receiver to replace Gallup?

Sydla

Reaction score
I like Gallup. He's going to be a really good #2 WR.

But if I could get another first round pick for him, I'd be tempted to move him. Not saying I definitely would but a first round pick for him would be way over his real value.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We've seen this offense when we don't have the starters playing. I'm not saying Gallup is worth a first, but why make that gamble when you know it's working?

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lot of the upper teams looking for WR help....

Saints
49ers
Seattle
Green Bay
Colts
Titans
Raiders

Comments? :popcorn:
The Rams give two pics for Ramsey. But I think they got one back for Peters. If we could get two first-round picks. Then I would consider it. I'm actually also thinking we keep him for number one and get rid of Cooper. Depending on the salary nothing wrong with looking at scenarios my cowboy brother.