Would you trade WR Gallup for a 1st round pick?

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
This as ridiculous as it gets. Some of those teams maybe in need of a WR but THERE IS NOT a team that is going to give the Cowboys a 1st round pick for Gallup. Teams give up 1st round picks for proven players, players that have gone to at least a couple of Pro Bowls.
In fairness, the OP didn't ask if a team would give a first for Gallop, he asked if you could get a first, would you take it?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lot of the upper teams looking for WR help....

Saints
49ers
Seattle
Green Bay
Colts
Titans
Raiders

Comments? :popcorn:
why? why trade a player that can help us win? unless you just like the draft game? we spent a 4th, find a "1st round" talent as you said and now get rid of him!!! WHY WHY WHY?

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Do not give up a sure thing for an unknown unless you get multiple picks and good ones at that, so you can room for error.

quickccc

Reaction score
No idea if Coop will be on the team next year.

all the more reason why I would not even think of the idea of trading Gallup, who could instantly become our featured, lead WR if Cooper should happen to walk per FA.

quickccc

Reaction score
We have our early draft picks for that. Trading Gallup means we are weaker at WR. Cooper hasn't even resigned yet.

yep, and with trading Gallup, which becomes an immediate hole to have to replace, .. which means that we'd have to go pursue acquiring another young WR to replace him.

quickccc

Reaction score
To the highest bidder?

and that highest bidder could easily be Philly, who reportedly tried to pursue trading for Cooper with a 2nd round pick offer when Coop was on the trading block.
If Cooper becomes a FA, then they could pursue him without having to give up any trade pick compensations.

dckid

Reaction score
Lot of the upper teams looking for WR help....

Saints
49ers
Seattle
Green Bay
Colts
Titans
Raiders

Comments? :popcorn:
If someone offers you a first, I would seriously consider it. But no one will offer a first as Gallup is not a #1. I am not insulting Gallup he just isn't a #1 guy who can handle coverage rolling to him .

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
First, tell who is giving up that 1st round pick for Gallup. Only then can I tell you if I would do it.

exciter

Reaction score
We gotta replentish our D-line in 2020...I know...planning ahead is hard for some people. :rolleyes:
Wow! We have to replenish the dline by also having to replenish the wr corps! Brilliant!!!! Even makes more sense when you consider Gallup is the only one that can play that's under contract for next season. Then there's the issue of getting someone to actually give up a 1st for a wr who's ceiling is a #2 wr. Good thing the NFL has a plethora of GMs who are morons!

aikemirv

Reaction score
Gallup's numbers were right there with Cooper before the injury. You don't trade known results over unknown quantities unless you are going to get a top 10 pick.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
In fairness, the OP didn't ask if a team would give a first for Gallop, he asked if you could get a first, would you take it?

The question is still ridiculous. Why not ask if a team gave 2 or 3 1st rounds would you take them. No team is going to offer a 1st for Gallup so asking fairy tale questions is ridiculous.

quickccc

Reaction score
Sanu, which a better player than Gallup just got traded for a #2.

You can find #2 WR's all over the place either via trade, FA, or later in the draft. Gallup is a nice young player, but a #1 receiver he isn't. If someone offers you a #1, you take it all day long.

Although I freely understand that there are Cowboy fans that over value Cowboy players.

Gallup could be ascending into a No. 1 featured caliber player. I heard Fish make mentioned that whispers around the Star says the organization thinks that highly of him.
He could be what Juju smith was to Antonio Browns in Steelers land. or a Reggie Wayne type complement to our version of Marvin Harrison.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
The question is still ridiculous. Why not ask if a team gave 2 or 3 1st rounds would you take them. No team is going to offer a 1st for Gallup so asking fairy tale questions is ridiculous.
Then simply stay out of the thread.

aria

Reaction score
I agree, Dak is making all of our receivers look better than they really are
Cooper takes pressure off of Gallup and I think Gallup is food but certainly not 1st round good at this point in his career.