Would you welcome Dez back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blumayne38

Reaction score
Wonder what Dez must be thinking right about now?

The Pats coulda signed him any time in the last @6mos, after the Cowboys cut him, but they showed no interest. Zero. Zilch. Nada. None whatsoever.

Then Josh Gordon, a bigger s—t disturber than Dez ever was, gets cut by the Browns and NE scoops him up a coupla days later.
Hard to say but he did have offers just didn’t want them the narrative that he can’t find a job is just not true completely or to a certain degree atleast

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What a dumb question. Would you welcome cancer back? Get a grip on reality. The Cowboys cut him because he was more of a liability than an asset to the team. Nothing has changed in that equation. Now please stop being such a Dez fanboi and start asking better questions.

blumayne38

Reaction score
What a dumb question. Would you welcome cancer back? Get a grip on reality. The Cowboys cut him because he was more of a liability than an asset to the team. Nothing has changed in that equation. Now please stop being such a Dez fanboi and start asking better questions.
What would be a better question? Why in 8 quarters of football has this offense only scored 1 Passing TD?

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Hard to say but he did have offers just didn’t want them the narrative that he can’t find a job is just not true completely or to a certain degree atleast
Man,My Bro!,,,we ALL pretty much Loved,cheered& pushed on the back of the Ex#88's war wagon but ,the dude's done ran it frame deep&hammered wedge tight, into the deep ruts of his appointed travelled trail,,,SHEESE! ,,,The semi- semblance of offensive UNIT COHESION WE witnessed on SNF ( should " He of HEATED& HARBOURED HATE" be salvaged from amongst the derelict ranks???,,,er,,,the former #19 should've had a lashed bow-line secured& never allowed to drift away,,,TO BEGIN WITH) would create a conflagration very much akin to the splitting of atoms when a fission bomb detonates,,, er,,,IMO,,,ya-know!
o_O

GenoT

Reaction score

I realize all of this.

However, I was specifically referring to NE having no interest in Dez (they’ve stated so), but then signing Josh Gordon, who’s much more of a “problem” player than Dez ever was, almost immediately after Gordon was released.

Cmac

Reaction score
Of course. He's at the top of the list of players that genuinely cares about playing for this franchise. How that got lost in translation for so many of you is perplexing.
…..have to agree, but to come back now???....once a fall guy would mean fall guy again.....instead of addressing the real issues.....improved QB play and revamping offensive scheme....FO or JG will not eat crow on that one. (I do not exonerate Dez drops).

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Well, we brought Butler back after he trashed the organization in public. But I guess he didn't call Lee a snake.
* the BUTLER (at this point in time) Is of a superior & proven brand of economically RANGED GARBAGE BAGS,,,er,,,being granted the rare opportunity in PROVING his qualifying (fer' the NFL $$$) CAPABILITIES,,, ER,,,the EX#88?,,,NOT SO MUCH!

Hey ,Brice!, I ain't inferring yer' a cheap 'garbage' bag,it was just that other Dude's post of Trashed that kinda' triggered the " thought vector ",,,ya-know?
:starspin: o_O :starspin:

:thumbup::lmao::thumbup:

superonyx

Reaction score
The browns didn't think he wanted to play footbal yet they offer him a contract.....yeah OK, stop believeing what Dez spouts on twitter.. Dez went to cleveland as a hard knocks gimmick for the show...
That’s right. I’m pretty sure that the Browns would have debunked Dez when he told the world that the Browns offered him a contract and they didn’t.

You make a goofball point that isn’t even debatable and then when faced with people that live in reality you double down.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
That’s right. I’m pretty sure that the Browns would have debunked Dez when he told the world that the Browns offered him a contract and they didn’t.

You make a goofball point that isn’t even debatable and then when faced with people that live in reality you double down.

Hue Jackson stated they don't expect to sign Dez anytime soon after he left the faciliy without a contract offer..that was in August....you might want to get into reality!

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
I realize all of this.

However, I was specifically referring to NE having no interest in Dez (they’ve stated so), but then signing Josh Gordon, who’s much more of a “problem” player than Dez ever was, almost immediately after Gordon was released.

Not a big deal. They traded a 5th Rd pick for a guy physically better than anyone they have and who costs $740k. Dez has supposedly turned down $5m and $9m. Big difference in the cost.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course. He's at the top of the list of players that genuinely cares about playing for this franchise. How that got lost in translation for so many of you is perplexing.

I think there was a road back to Dallas for him until he started getting personal on twitter with the coaching staff. He's been trashing the organization since the day after he got cut. How are Linehan and Garret supposed to welcome him back and coach him now? We should have made a play for Josh Gordon who wanted to come to Dallas.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a big deal. They traded a 5th Rd pick for a guy physically better than anyone they have and who costs $740k. Dez has supposedly turned down $5m and $9m. Big difference in the cost.

And its a conditional 5th round pick. I think Gordon has to be active for 10 games or the pick goes back to NE. Its basically a free tryout for the Patriots. So, they are either hit a homerun or lost nothing.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
What would be a better question? Why in 8 quarters of football has this offense only scored 1 Passing TD?

Setting aside that Dallas was 26th in the NFL in passing last year even WITH Dez, the numbers aren't the issue. This isn't Madden. It's real life, with real people and real personalities. Go back and read what Dez had to say after his release then picture him strutting back into the locker room again. How do you think that would go?

Stephen is an idiot for even suggesting it, and a bigger fool than his father if he actually does it.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
With open arms ?

I honestly think he’ll be a Cowboy soon

No.

The same way i would never take Murray back. Not even if someone would guarantee a championship if i would.

Even in this business you have to show at least a bit of character. I dont like players who only look at the money they get and cry over a 17 mill deal for one year because "they need more security". These guys cant be taken serious. No place in this franchise for such people.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Dez may not play football again this year. Why would he? Risk playing and showing just how much those skills have eroded? Stepping on to a team where he isn't the #1 WR? Rebuild a rapport with a new QB? He's looking for a #1WR money and he would risk that by playing this year. He has his 2016 laurels to sell remember. I'm Dez. I'm still #1. Poor Dezzie

Status
Not open for further replies.