Would you welcome Dez back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Don't drive. Because you must have been drinking!!

You know something, smart guy...insult and an attitude don't always mix. Try expressing your opinion without the dangly crap added.

The Natural

Reaction score
No.

The same way i would never take Murray back. Not even if someone would guarantee a championship if i would.

Even in this business you have to show at least a bit of character. I dont like players who only look at the money they get and cry over a 17 mill deal for one year because "they need more security". These guys cant be taken serious. No place in this franchise for such people.
Man, shut up with this nonsense. Thats not your money, you arent writing the checks, so why are you worried about how the next man is making his living?

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I'd let it be known that I might want him back and wait for him to walk in the door hat in hand and offer him $3 mill. Do you think that is something Dezzie will do. Not the Dezzie we've come to know and love:muttley:

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I could play in the NFL too but I will only play for 15 million per year. I would turn down all other offers.

See how stupid that sounds. Dez is too stubborn to admit that the Cowboys were right so he would prefer to not play at all. He needs better people around him to bring him back to earth. If he had those people around him the whole time he would have accepted the reduction in pay and would still be a Cowboy. Add to that his temperament, poor route running, declining physical skills, child like behavior, burning bridges on the way out, lack of preparation, missing meetings, etc etc etc there is absolutely no way in the world he will ever be back.

ghst187

Reaction score
For me I'm okay, although not excited, with bringing back Butler, and def over Dez, for several reasons.
1) Dez vastly overrated himself. At one time he was great, injuries took his explosiveness however and now teams don't bother to expend more than one defender on him to take him out of the game
2) meanwhile, Due to #1, Dez demands the ball even though he can't get any separation anymore. He was never a great route runner yet demands the ball.
3) because of #2, Dak forces throws to him at the expense of others which costs us wasted plays which we can not afford.
4) the tantrums
5) While Brice certainly doesn't terrify teams, he seemed to have some chemistry with Dak while also not making a scene when he didn't get the ball. Brice may not add anything more talent wise to our WR corps but Dak trusting him may be enough to warrant putting him on the field.

Blake

Reaction score
I know it's your agenda but Dez has gotten interest from other teams, two that we know of, he just felt the contract offers were not enough money for him. Cleveland offered him a contract. Baltimore offered him contract. Your 31 other teams line is lame and incorrect.

I still would have loved to see Dez with the WRs the team added this year. Dez WITH Gallup, Tavon, and Hurns would have been a good group IMO.

We are a better team with Dez. It won't happen and yes, he's a headache on the sideline and in the locker room, but that's fixable with great leadership and coaching.

So 30 other teams still thinks he sucks and the Cleveland offer was a lowball one, so make that 31 out of 32 teams in the NFL that think Dez sucks. One legitimate offer from a team eons ago and the revisionists are out pretending Dez is in high demand. It really is comical to see the level of damage control some of you homers result to in an effort to keep up with your denial.

Rayman70

Reaction score
actually, I would bring Demarco ,Murray back in a heartbeat, way before I would ever Dez. That's only if we have a winning record, during a playoff run,and something happens to Zeke. Even then,he would be only for spot duty. A big no on Dez tho..

dfense

Reaction score
No. I'm a Dez fan, but he showed me who he is with the Twiitter crap. Bridge burned.

His open criticality of coaches and money demands are why teams are staying away.

His negativity outways his positives. Simple as that.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Let's go get TO also and the two prima-donnas can hash it out in the locker room. It would be like 2 women fighting over a guy except the football would be the guy. No offense to the ladies out there.

Dez can stay unemployed or be a cancer somewhere else. I want to see what we have after 5 or 6 games. If there is still no chemistry between qb and wr's, it will be time to get someone else in here.

Colombiacowboy

Reaction score
31 other team were free to sign and had no interest in signing Dez, can some of you people not see the writing on the wall with regards to him....take the damn blinders off!!
Technically the Ravens offered a contract, and some say the Browns offered him a one year deal. But the fact the NE went after the "troubled" Gordon and didn't even sniff at Dez should say a lot.

uvaballa

Reaction score
Definitely wouldn’t bring him back in the locker room. That bridge is burned now.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Man, shut up with this nonsense. Thats not your money, you arent writing the checks, so why are you worried about how the next man is making his living?

The op asked if i would take Dez back. I said no and gave a reason. How should i give a reason if i not view myself as in the position to make such a decission, means as gm or owner.

But also for sure someone can be critical about others moral ways even if its not his money that is spent.

Btw if i think hard about your argument then in reality it is my money. As it is yours and others money. Or from what money do you think does JJ (or any other owner) pay players salaries ? From money he earned thru sold ticktest, merchandising and thru TV taxes that were paid by fans who watch the games. In the end thats all payed by you and me. So its my money and i gonna say my opinion regardless if you like it or not.

But a hint for your next post: try it with arguments and not offensive trash. You will find more people who are willing to talk to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.